FT Storch - Motor & Prop Choice

Bayboos

I can say something about the elevator: it should not matter much if it's not perfectly symmetrical and twisted like on the picture above. Mine was much, much worse right before I retired my first Storch, and the plane was still flying straight (in general).

smithhayward

Large Child
I can say something about the elevator: it should not matter much if it's not perfectly symmetrical and twisted like on the picture above. Mine was much, much worse right before I retired my first Storch, and the plane was still flying straight (in general).

OK, good to know - then I'm hoping that it was mostly because of the wing being lifted by a wire or not being on straight, and the landing gear not being perfectly aligned straight.

We'll find out soon enough, hopefully sometime tomorrow.

dpalmer146

Old Dawg - New Tricks
The Storch will fly pretty much in any configuration of straight or not straight. I did reinforce the skinny area of the elevator with a popsicle stick. This seemed to help a lot. Especially when you start using a lot of control inputs, which you will! This plane is fun to throw around once you get the hang of it. Blenders, spins, loops, and sorta rolls are fun. Knife edge is a little impossible due to the diahedral of the wing.

smithhayward

Large Child
Yeah, I have a craft stick there now. If it doesn't seem to be good enough then I'll just cut a shaped 1/32" plywood "brace" that will span more than just that little thin area.

I'm dying inside right now, I'm at work and the flying weather is near PERFECT!!!! UGH!!!!