FT Style CAD Templates

97tj-neil

What are you using to combine the individual PDFs into one file? I used an online tool for this, but I was looking for a utility I can have local on my PC.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind. I realized that PDF Architect can do this, and it is rather easy.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Here's another 'Thank you for an awesome template set' - I'm using this for my FW-42 design and it's working great!

:)

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Okay I have the plans made up and I can print them out through double cad, but I can't get them into a PDF to share. I tried everything on this forum but can't seem to solve the issue. What would you recommend?

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
Okay I have the plans made up and I can print them out through double cad, but I can't get them into a PDF to share. I tried everything on this forum but can't seem to solve the issue. What would you recommend?

It's pretty simple if you're using my template. In the models tab, arrange your parts how you want in either the full page, tiled section, title pages section, or all of them.

Printing How To 1.jpg

Then you go to the tab that corresponds to where you put your parts. Once you're there, click on file, and print.

Printing How To 2.jpg

Then use your preferred PDF printer application. There are a ton of them out there, PDF Creator, PDF Architect (Great for Full Size Sheets), cutePDF. I think windows 10 even comes with one, Microsoft print to PDF.

Printing How To 3.jpg

For tiled stuff, choose the number of pages you want to print, numbers start at one in the bottom left corner and work their way up. Doublecad is limited to a maximum of 16 tiled pages per set, that's why I stuck 4 sets on my template if you have a lot of parts. The sets can be combined into one PDF file after you're done with your program of choice. PDFSam is a simple one, but if you have PDF architect, it can also do it.

Once you choose the number of pages, hit print. Depending on your PDF creator application, it'l probably bring up a window asking you where you want to save the PDF you just made.

Printing How To 4.jpg

For Full Page stuff, I reccomend having PDF Architect.

Here's the settings I use. Set the pages to 1 to 1, then hit properties and change the paper size, orientation, and quality.
The paper size for my full size sheets is ARCH D, as you can have it printed at that size just about anywhere.

Printing How To 5.jpg

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Okay I think I found the issue, PDF architect is not working with doublecad for some reason. I just get a notification saying "you cannot use this function before you activate the application". I have all of the activation keys put in and it still is not working. I am using PDF architect 5. I will try the third version though because I see that you are using it for your pictures.

EDIT: PDF architect 3 worked, thank you!

Last edited:

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
Okay I think I found the issue, PDF architect is not working with doublecad for some reason. I just get a notification saying "you cannot use this function before you activate the application". I have all of the activation keys put in and it still is not working. I am using PDF architect 5. I will try the third version though because I see that you are using it for your pictures.

EDIT: PDF architect 3 worked, thank you!

Interesting that 5 didn't work. Probably just a bug on PDF Architects end. I've never bother to buy or update mine since I installed the free version 3. Glad it worked for you.

smithhayward

Large Child
I’m going to have to check these out again. I have a desire to try to design a UMX style Bushwacker (which should be like my UMX Timber).

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Well I plan on making my micro design swappable and I have always wanted a timber so If you do please make a thread on it! And if you don't I might lol.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Hey I am having some more troubles with the tiled plans. I convert them to a PDF and the first few sheets are perfect but the rest are blank. I have done everything the same as I was before when it worked fine. Have you had this issue before? and how did you solve it?

Thanks

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
Hey I am having some more troubles with the tiled plans. I convert them to a PDF and the first few sheets are perfect but the rest are blank. I have done everything the same as I was before when it worked fine. Have you had this issue before? and how did you solve it?

Thanks

You sure you've got them on the template in the right order? The order is shown on page 3 in one of those pictures I posted.

Are your pieces showing up in the print tab you're using?

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
The pieces are showing up in the print tab, I thought I did not put them in right at first, but even when I printed all 16 after the fourth page they were all blank. Not even the blue lines, just blank.

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
The pieces are showing up in the print tab, I thought I did not put them in right at first, but even when I printed all 16 after the fourth page they were all blank. Not even the blue lines, just blank.

Huh, never had anything like that happen before.

If they show up in the tab, but are blank on the page, you either really broke something, or the PDF creator program you're using has issues. You could try another PDF generator. Another option would be to download a fresh version of the template, and then just copy and paste all your parts into it. That would be a really fast and easy way to avoid trying to track down a setting or something that was changed.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Thank you for the reply. I’ll try that tomorrow sometime, that’s the only thing I didn’t change yet. I’ve tried a different pdf converter though, and the same thing happened.

LuigiFromCars

Hey, just now getting to this, I don't even know if this thread is still active, but how should we tape these together for a full sheet of foam board, isn't the foam board 30x20? but the full size sheets are larger than that