FT Style Nemesis NXT-NG

Matagami Designs

Master member
Got a new spinner off ebay. The backing plate is aluminum so its thinner (more thread on the prop nut), lighter by 3 grams, bigger cutouts for more prop variety, and should help dissipate the heat a little better. The problem with the Dubro 1.5" spinner is that the backing plate is much thicker ( couldn't get any threads on my previous 2205 motors) and the nut inserts stick below the mating surface to the motor so they would hit 1st and you would need a washer.
20201105_212521.jpg

Daniel Liutan

Got a new spinner off ebay. The backing plate is aluminum so its thinner (more thread on the prop nut), lighter by 3 grams, bigger cutouts for more prop variety, and should help dissipate the heat a little better. The problem with the Dubro 1.5" spinner is that the backing plate is much thicker ( couldn't get any threads on my previous 2205 motors) and the nut inserts stick below the mating surface to the motor so they would hit 1st and you would need a washer. View attachment 182637

HaHa! Looks great! Congratulaitons ahead the maiden! :D

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
I got it on video. Nothing really more to add than what has been said. It was super clean build. As with any scratch build... teething issues.

Matagami Designs

Master member
Making progress on the repairs. Changed up the way I'm doing the wing. Cut from one piece and slid through rather than joined in the fuselage. This makes the trailing edge at the fuselage a bit stronger in theory. I moved the servos out half an inch on each side and clipped the wings down by an inch and a half on each. Reducing the aileron surface area. And increased the wing loading a bit but they seemed long with the wing tips added.
20201109_221337.jpg