FT... Thresher?

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
ok well the reason I asked is because I have 20 pdfs, each with one tiled page and I have to print them out individually which is a pain in the pusher prop.
I use Inkscape to "stitch" tiled plans together to make full size plans. Then, save them as svg, or pdf.

Timmy

Legendary member
Tuns out you can select up to 15 PDFs (why only 15 I don't know) right click and press print. I printed in two batches, 15 and 5. Boom problem sorta solved.

tesseract

Master member
I just got my birthday present to myself in the mail today...
View attachment 107295
^^Thanks Mike@FT shipping and receiving!^^
My new EMAX GT2215 and ESC from a C pack. It's crazy. As many FT planes I have built and flown, I never actually had the beef before today. Anyway, The first speed build kit I bought was a Mustang. I loved the kit, I just hated the turtle deck. It was such a frustrating end to a beautiful build. So much so that I vowed to never use it again. The next aircraft I decided on was the Racer.

So, with the Racer I started modifying the turtle deck with foamboard. Which got me thinking about modifying the Vertical Stab, then the Horizontal Stab, etc. At the end of the day, the only part that was FT was the wing.
So now we have what I call the Thresher...
View attachment 107296
Please excuse the build area, I had three builds going on at one time. :giggle:

It flew great. I loved it. My favorite FT plane.
I loved it so much I wanted more out of it.
So I decided to over prop it.(y)

After a VERY sketchy hand launch, (>90* roll before I gained control), this thing was a rocket. It was on rails and it was so fast it was a blur! I was having the time of my life!
Then I hear what sounded like a B17 @ low altitude on final just off to my right. "BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!"
Next thing I know, what I can only describe as a face hugger from the Aliens movie with wings latches on to my face!

Needless to say the Racer flying at a high rate of speed was no longer a concern and she rockets into the deck at +/-100mph.

All that was left of that beautiful bird is that motor you see above. Somehow I managed to disintegrate an entire foamboard aircraft and bend the motor shaft into a pretzel, but the prop has not a scratch. :unsure:

So, with those two new motors I plan to build 2 new Threshers. One will use the beef on a 4cell for relaxing fun. The other will use the monster you see sitting next to it rated for 650watts. :cool:

The PDF tiled plans below are set for US Letter (8.5x11") or A4 (210x297mm) sheets.
They are in a .pdf format so should be readable on any machine.
Make sure when you print the pages, you set the print scale to 100%. Do not use scale to fit.
When cut down to the border lines, they should be 7.5x10".
Please print the print scale test sheet first to make sure the print settings are correct.

EDIT: PDF TILED PLANS ATTACHED BELOW. Build guide attached below.
I clicked the last link!

Timmy

Legendary member
I dry fitted all I could, it looks like this:
P1140512.JPG

Timmy

Legendary member
I'm kinda confused about how the power pod goes together though. I'll sift thought the thread to see what I can find.....tomorow, its 10:45 where I am and I'm tired.