Ft tiny trainer build

bracesport

Legendary member
@Tony123 - I use a heap of these (prices vary heaps this one is retail in NewZealand) on TT's and even on my 1.5m powered sailplanes - I typically use 30amp ESCs - together they are a good setup that has never failed on me - 2 cell and 3 cell lipos

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 6.04.27 PM.png

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
So the esc I found had no low voltage cut off and no temperature cut off is this okay or no?
I use those, just jand and check your battery voltage after 5 min. On the first flight. You don’t want to go below 3.7 volts per cell, so in a 2s when you land the battery should read about 7.4 volts. I’m guessing in the TT you’ll probably get 5-10 minutes of flight time, maybe 15 depending on how you fly.

Tony123

I use those, just jand and check your battery voltage after 5 min. On the first flight. You don’t want to go below 3.7 volts per cell, so in a 2s when you land the battery should read about 7.4 volts. I’m guessing in the TT you’ll probably get 5-10 minutes of flight time, maybe 15 depending on how you fly.
Okay how long do you think I would get with a 1000mah 2s lipo?

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob

FDS

Elite member
Don’t use a 10A esc.
You want at least a 20. I use 30A esc’s on all my smaller models, the size difference isn’t much and the spare capacity keeps them cool. 2s 1000mah is a bit heavy for a TT imo. You want it light or it’s go8ng to feel very fast keeping it up in the air. You potentially have a bigger motor up front already, more weight is not a good idea.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I honestly don’t know what the difference is. @Hai-Lee @FoamyDM or @rockyboy could help I bet.

The practical difference is analog servos are cheaper and use 1/2 the electricity - while the digital are typically stronger and respond a few hundredths of a second faster. For a Tiny Trainer (or any foamy really, except maybe a 100 mph+ racer), I recommend saving your money and go with the analog servos.