Help! FT tiny trainer fist flight unsuccessful

Corbarrad

Check your prop, power pod and firewall. If you have any damage to the firewall and power pod make a new one.
Also check your battery cell voltages. You might have just run out of power and the ESC is cutting the throttle to 50% to save the pack. A good lipo tester which can read individual cell voltages is a good investment and ALWAYS run a timer on the TX that beeps when you have at least a minute before the battery is flat enough to trigger the esc cutout,

Also don't forget to check your motor. If it feels loose or doesn't turn easily you might have foreign objects stuck in it or damaged a bearing.
Depending on the motors construction the bell might have been pushed into the stator which will also cause extra drag..
You also might have broken or shorted one of the windings. The motor may still spin up on just two phases, although hesitantly but you won't have any power.

Also don't forget to check your motor. If it feels loose or doesn't turn easily you might have foreign objects stuck in it or damaged a bearing.
Depending on the motors construction the bell might have been pushed into the stator which will also cause extra drag..
You also might have broken or shorted one of the windings. The motor may still spin up on just two phases, although hesitantly but you won't have any power.
Corbarrad, thank you for you idea I thing you might be onto something. My motor rotates fine but it has a slight gritty sound when it turns. any idea on how to clean it?:unsure::unsure:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Corbarrad, thank you for you idea I thing you might be onto something. My motor rotates fine but it has a slight gritty sound when it turns. any idea on how to clean it?:unsure::unsure:
Its pretty easy. Pop out the C-clip on the motor shaft (they like to shoot off, so be careful. There are great youtube videos on how to remove them.) The case should come off pretty easy with a little tug. Then use compressed air or somehow clean it out. Good luck.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Its pretty easy. Pop out the C-clip on the motor shaft (they like to shoot off, so be careful. There are great youtube videos on how to remove them.) The case should come off pretty easy with a little tug. Then use compressed air or somehow clean it out. Good luck.
And I'm sure you can find youtube vids on how to clean out brushless motors.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Hello I was wondering if the ft radial motors are cleanable
There should be a tiny snap ring around the shaft at the back of the motor. Be careful removing it, they are really easy to lose. Get that off and it should pull apart for cleaning. If it's just dust, a can of dust off for keyboards works well with no disassembly.

What happened? Did you pack some dirt into it via lawn dart lol?