FT Tiny Trainer (Mighty Mini)

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
Nice design! Looked like a lot of the ft flyer in the build. Except changable noses and wings.

Corbarrad

Just perfect. I'll put some of these together with my nephews in the glider configuration and if their attention holds I'll be able to put radio gear in them cheaply. I knew i was keeping all those umx transmitters around for a reason...

Zero9r

Hmm. think Im going to try one. Only have 9g servo's and DYE 1806 2300kv, they should be OK I hope. maybe put my Turnigy 2826 motor n it. LOL. Lets see if that will make it fly apart :p

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
That sure looked like a red BNK pusher behind Josh in the video, are the wings removable?

Justin

joker24458

It just will weigh about four times as much, lol. I think where this plane will excel is slope soaring.:)

Agreed. I'd like to slope a simple 2ch one as well, it would be so fun and relaxing. I haven't been to a really good sloping place around here, although I have heard stories (I'll see if I can find Chris at NEF and talk about the Thermal Farm). :D

Christopher14

Driftin' with the wind...
Maybe I'll climb Mickinmick and chuck it off the cliff at the top. It would be an epic place to fly. Plus, the tiny trainer is very light. I could get the thing into my backpack no problem.:D I'm in the mood for a hike up that mountain after all the crappy weather.

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
The simple glider version is a great first build. A person can have a plane to toss around for just a few bucks! Thanks.

Corbarrad

What battery packs were you guys flying these on? I'm going to guess 2s 500 & 3s 350/500??

~psguardian

I have some 2s 850 and 3s 500 at home. I will make them fit, if neccessary. I think I might even try a 3s 1000
('cuz I'm a rocketman.... rocketmaaaaan!!..)

Eagerly awaiting the build video (and plans release).

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
I'm flying my balsa version on a 2s 370 and it gives plenty of flight time (15-20 minutes). Obviously I'm lighter and cleaner, but I'm also running a much power powerful motor driving a bigger prop.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
@FAI-F1D: I'd really like to see the steps and some build tips on how to convert a foam plane to a balsa version. That would be a very cool episode.

Flyingninja

Really Cool!

I think I'll build 2 of these and take them to the park next time I meet up with my friends. None of them have any flying experience at all so it will be a good learning opportunity!

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
@FAI-F1D: I'd really like to see the steps and some build tips on how to convert a foam plane to a balsa version. That would be a very cool episode.

I'll have to look into that. It's definitely a useful skill, and it can be implemented in either direction.

edthefox

Looks like I'll be starting my first plane this weekend!:cool:

ft.JPG