FT Tiny Trainer

FT Tiny Trainer 1.1

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
flitetest submitted a new resource:

FT Tiny Trainer - Flite Test Mighty Mini Tiny Trainer Free Plans

Description:
Now made with the new Maker Foam the Flite Test Tiny Trainer is even better! The Tiny Trainer Mighty Mini is specifically designed to cover all the basics when it comes to RC Flight. Whether you are a beginner yourself, or if you are trying to bring a newcomer into this wonderful hobby, the Tiny Trainer will...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:

nobledeed

What a great plane. I've created a mod and skins for the tiny trainer. A little more scale and a bit more challenging build. N Sport
20200410_142908.jpg 20200410_142953.jpg

mayan

Legendary member
I use a 1.2mm but 1mm can work to. As for length it depends where you place the servos meaning how far forward do you put them.

Reactions: CEE

CEE

thanks, i didn't know if there was a "no shorter than" or a general length. I am doing a scratch build and wanted to make sure I didn't get the wrong size. Also, what size of battery is recommended with the A power pack (hobby shop didn't have an F one dang it) ?

EDIT: Just seen it's a 3S 75C battery.

Last edited:

CEE

For anyone else building this plane. The one change I made was instead of cutting out the Sport Wing Spar Short, I made an extra set of the long and cut them down to size. I then made a cavity down the middle. This allows a channel to run the server wires back to the center, a bigger surface to glue, and a better alignment so you are not dealing with those little "sticks".

Last edited:

flyranger

Rebuilt my Tiny Trainer using Maker foam. My Tiny Dancer. Per plans except for a bigger motor.

Attachments

• 20200612_151154.jpg
    20200612_151154.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200612_151208.jpg
    20200612_151208.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0

flyranger

looks nice. What is the velcro on top for?
The heavier motor caused a balance shift. The battery (800ma 3S) must ride on top of the wing. The second pair of rubber bands are crossed over on top of the battery. No room to move to the rear inside that tiny fuse. On the positive side, It now flies ANY of my batteries!

I currently have to put the battery right in front of the wing and the receiver behind the servos to get the CG right. Should I use more glue for the tail or have I missed something else? Preventing the servo cables from getting stuck in the linkage is a real challenge with this setup and I'm hesitant to maiden it like this. Total weight is 241 grams with the trainer wing and a 2S 800 mAh battery.

Where do you put your battery and receiver and what's you total weight?

mayan

Legendary member
Can’t say for weight but I put my servos as back as possible then the Rx, then the ESC and my battery is all the way up front. One thing I would never do though is add more weight to the tail just to be able to push the battery forward I’d just use a smaller battery.