FT Vectors, with Direction and Magnitude!

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I know the name is awful, that's why I don't name things.
This will be the group build thread for the Ft Vector it is completely open to anyone who wants to join in on the fun and build a Vector. You can build it as a basic bank and yank, a forward swept swept wing, a 4ch high alpha beast, the choices are endless
So far the people building one will be
Yours truly
@BATTLEAXE
@The Hangar
@BATTLEAXE
@Vimana89
@Javiester

Last edited:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
To get the ball rolling I'm going to be scaling the Vector up by 150% and building it with a kfm wing. I'm going to build it with the optional rudder and possibly movable canards. I plan to power it off of the FT C pack motor in 4s.
So far I've only got the plans printed out, I'll be tiling and taping them together tonight.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I really got excited by this plane after seeing some video on it. I sometimes will run anything RC plane related and the build vid has come up a few times. But it was the maidens I saw that impressed me, plus I miss having the prop and slot in the hangar. I do have the goblin that I am just getting dialed in now, still waiting on a on board cam in the mail for this machine. So I have my elevon/bank and yank plane for now. In the mail I am also waiting on servos so when those come in there will be a spike in the builds goin on around here.

Mine I would also like to scale up, 130% to fit 8" props. I will be using my same 1200kv on an 8x8 or 8x10 prop. and I think it will just be the two servo elevon, no rudder... as of rite now, that might change, it's on the fence. A 40 amp ESC on a 2200mah 3s. I remember the A-22 I put this package in was super fast, wish I would have gotten footage on that one. I still have the plans for the 122% nose from the alpha I could use on here s well. We will see, it is usually a very fluid on deck kinda plan...

Homey

Elite member
And I got mine done a little while ago. Had to add 100g to the nose for balance. Ive included the under-rudder as well. I hope you guys don't mind me reposting my pics on your thread.

Peter
20191229_232808.jpg
20191229_232731.jpg
Screenshot_20191229-232648.jpg

Vimana89

Legendary member
I'll be ordering some more parts kits here soon and I'll put this on the list to build(y). The Vector will probably not be a thing for another few weeks to a month before I can get around to it, but it may happen sooner, especially if I order a speed build kit.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I'll be ordering some more parts kits here soon and I'll put this on the list to build(y). The Vector will probably not be a thing for another few weeks to a month before I can get around to it, but it may happen sooner, especially if I order a speed build kit.
Same, It'll be a little while before I get to this one...

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Got the canards cutout and ironed, I also designed and printed some parts that will let me do a full flying canard. I found an old kite rod, I'll be using it to join the surfaces together.
IMG_20191231_135652333.jpg

Currently waiting on a reply from @L Edge on where I need to place the hinge line on the canard.