FT Versa Wing - BUILD

I like the colors on that victour!

Where are you finding enough open space to fly in Boston?

You'll be able to get away with it in the common this winter, but I bet it's jam packed with college kids and tourists right now.

Thanks; my inspiration came from "ExperimentalAirlines" and "ProjectFlightDesign".
I live just outside Boston.
In addition, I usually fly shortly after sunrise when no people are using the field.

Looking good victour! How's enemas like it would be hard to cut into something that looks that good! How are you gonna make the accesses for the electronics and battery?

Thanks.
Servos are inside wings, for the other electronics, I plan to tuck them inside power pod.
Power pod will be permanently mounted underneath wing.
Battery goes in front within powerpod.
Motor will go on top/back.
I think I might make a door in power pod to allow me to access electronics/battery.

Last edited:

klaw

I finally got a chance to test out my Versa slope-soaring edition over the weekend. It actually goes quite nicely, although the conditions were a little too mild (wind was weak and intermittant). For a grand total of $20 spent, I'm very happy.

My total flying weight ended up being a little north of 500 grms, which is a bit more than ideal. I needed an extra 50 grams on the front, in addition to the 4xAA NiMH batteries inside the nose, to get it balanced. But the weight gives the craft good momentum to glide between lift points. Now I'm hanging out for a properly windy day to give it a good run.

I think I will have to build a new powered version - I really like the size and shape, and it handles beautifully. What a great little plane!

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
JM,

minwax & paint *OR* tape (or minwax, paint then tape).

don't think either minwax or paint would stick to the tape.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin

For some reason this reminded me of this...

diaper.jpg

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
"You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity. " ~Buzz Lightyear~

The tabs on the battery compartment, in addition to the colors on the outside, and crinkly white in the inside...

Well, that's what it reminded me of.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Yes, but I've got a 2830 NTM on the back, so I'm a little heavier all around than I should be.