FT Versa Wing

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

The FT Versa Wing and Elements Simple Firewall is available in our store along with many new products. CLICK HERE to check them out!Free Build Video and plans are available HERE!

versa - 1.jpg versa - 2.jpg versa - 3.jpg versa - 5.jpg versa - 4.jpg versa - 6.jpg versa - 9.jpg versa - 7.jpg versa - 8.jpg versa - 10.jpg versa - 11.jpg versa - 12.jpg versa - 14.jpg versa - 16.jpg versa - 18.jpg versa - 17.jpg versa - 19.jpg versa - 32.jpg versa - 20.jpg versa - 21.jpg versa - 24.jpg versa - 33.jpg versa - 23.jpg versa - 25.jpg versa - 26.jpg versa - 27.jpg versa - 13.jpg versa - 28.jpg versa - 15.jpg versa - 29.jpg versa - 30.jpg versa - 31.jpg

The FT Versa Wing and Elements Simple Firewall
is available in our store along with many new products. CLICK HERE to check them out!Free Build Video and plans are available HERE!

Todd L

NICE!! When will the PDF's be posted? I wanna plot them wile i'm at work lol! It's gonna be raining here the next few days and I wanna build :)

T

eagle4

I wonder if you tried removing the wingtips and cutting off the leading edge tip to add a little extra drag, might make it a bit more sturdy for combat. but looking forward to making one of these :)

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Cool! I've been thinking about doing a wing. Never built one as I'm more into scale stuff. Basic principles of wing design would be helpful for those inquiring minds.

RichardEllis

Awesome! I can't wait to see the plans and scratch build video for these. Josh Bixler hurry up and make the scratch build video already. You should somehow use David in your video for sure though, he is always hysterically funny.

you should name the build series "Versatile Styles"

Last edited:

cbarnes0061

This thing looks awesome. Can't wait for the plans to be posted. already got some electronics out of a crashed plane to put in it.

Maestro

My first post here on this forum so be kind!

I want to build this wing and figured i would find a thread with alot of posts and building tips and stuf. All i can find is this thread with the last post 10 days ago and everyone asking for the pdf's

Can someone direct me to a more helpfullmthread as i can not find one.

Thank you kindly in advance!

eagle4

My upper surface of the wing extends out over the wingtip of the lower surface, if I stick on my winglets they will be angling outwards at the top, are sloping winglets ok? is this part of the design? or have I built it wrong and need to trim down the top pannel so the winglets are vertical.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
You can probably sand the outer tip to make it vertical, but I would check to make sure the trailing edge was even. The tip should have been close to even if the wing wasn't twisted...
If it's straight, just sand the tip.

dandeisel

New to the FT modeling please help with a few questions.

Hi everyone, hoping you experts can advise me on this build. So i purchased the Versa Kit and it came with the suppo motor. (which is different than the one in the video) Unfortunately they didn't come with screws to mount to the firewall. I was wondering what can I use as screws or blot and nuts and which ones specifically to mount the motor. The other question is I went to a local hobby store and they didn't stock the 500mah 2c 20 instead they had the 1000mah 2c 20. will that still be ok to use? I also purchased a deans connector that I was advised I will need to cut the ends of the battery and solder on the deans connector called the ultra plug and use that since it would be better.

Thanks in advance for all your help and advice. Looking forward to taking this out for a flight with my 11 year old.

Shadi