FT VersaCopter - Race Quad Build

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I recently finished my Versa and love it. I'm waiting at this moment for my capture camera to finish charging so I can take it out while there is near zero wind today and reasonably warm. (40-45 f). I saw the new aluminum kits and will be grabbing one very soon as well as 20a esc's. I'm a tad nervous how warm the 12's get now that the FPV and lighting have been added.

Turned out nicely I think after several iterations. I just measured mine and it is exactly 290m center shaft to center shaft diagonally. I went with Josh's video and made changes after trying / adding new things.

Here the link to see how it turned out so I don't load same pics and hog resources. http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?24898-Versa-build-finally-complete

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
versabuild-1-png_1443026922.jpg

We want to thank you for your purchace of the FT VersaCopter! We hope this frame will grow with your interests in the hobby, wether it be racing, AP, or just fun flying. Today, Josh will show you how to assemble the race quad setup. Keep a look out for more setup videos featuring different addons in the future.

versabuild-4-png_1443027020.jpg

For this build, the electronics we will be using are from our Power Pack E. If you are using a different electronics setup, the build process is exactly the same.

versabuild-6-png_1443029140.jpg

The Delrin body gives space and functionality to grip carbon fiber booms, however, you can follow this build video and simply sandwich square dowels between the VersaCopter plates if you don't want to use carbon fiber.
Check out the instructional video below and have fun!

SUPPLEMENTAL VIDEOS

LINKS

Hello. I'm trying to build a veracopter from scratch with some CNC delrin and 3d printed PETG now that they're discontinued. I was wondering if you could share the specs of the Delrin plates and Carbon Fiber Booms for people who want to build their own since the Versacopter is such a great platform. Thank you 🙃

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Hello. I'm trying to build a veracopter from scratch with some CNC delrin and 3d printed PETG now that they're discontinued. I was wondering if you could share the specs of the Delrin plates and Carbon Fiber Booms for people who want to build their own since the Versacopter is such a great platform. Thank you 🙃
Me too! Or better yet, make more quad frames like it!