FT-Viggen Build

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Full size plans will print in 3 to 4 pages on the plans that take 3-4 pages of large format can be printed at Staples or Kinko's or whatever kind of print places you have around. If you have full size plans that you want printed on standard letter size paper you could tile it in Adobe Acrobat Reader as well, it will take 12 pages per FS sheet. That's what I do, I don't use the tiled PDF's.

stereodreieck86

It would take 2 sheets of paper on the plotter at Staples...each sheet costs me 7 or 8bucks...14-16bucks in total that's quite expensive for paper.

I neither can nor want to buy the Kit from FliteTest because I am from Germany, shipping is super expensive and I like to build my Viggen in balsa anyway.

I just found out that I can't print the plans on DIN A3 either because its only 43 cm wide.

DutchRoll

If you use the Adobe Acrobat Reader, there is a print to poster option that will break up the large plans into individual sheets. It will give a preview of what each sheet would look like, and you can print it with cut marks for easier cut and tape later. I printed out the Long-EZ plans that way, since I want to scale it to 132% so that I could stuff the B power pod in there and give the wings more of an airfoil shape.

shadeyB

Legendary member
Fantastic 👍 great to have the Viggen back online
As far as EDF goes she’s something else, great at tracking and awesome at low speed floating. When the power is cut ( dead battery) she just glides in , another plan for the workbench

JAMplan65

Here it is folks! We show you how to build the FT-Viggen. Yes, we are just as excited as you!

viggen-build-1-jpg_1392233527.jpg

If you want to pick up a speed-build kit head on over to the store. Otherwise, you can download the free plans at the bottom of this article.

viggen-build-2-jpg_1392233530.jpg

viggen-build-3-jpg_1392233533.jpg

viggen-build-4-jpg_1392233535.jpg

viggen-build-5-jpg_1392233537.jpg

viggen-build-6-jpg_1392233539.jpg

viggen-build-7-jpg_1392233542.jpg

At this point in the build, if you are building a light version of the FT-Viggen, check the video below for how to add your preferred power system.

viggen-build-8-jpg_1392233544.jpg

If you are using an EDF unit, we have 70mm and 64mm mounts included in the kit. Either will work.

viggen-build-9-jpg_1392233546.jpg

viggen-build-10-jpg_1392233549.jpg

viggen-build-12-jpg_1392233555.jpg

viggen-build-14-jpg_1392233561.jpg

viggen-build-15-jpg_1392233564.jpg

Make sure to sight your vertical stabilizer!

viggen-build-16-jpg_1392233567.jpg

We recommend tracing out the nose piece before you shape it. It will take all the force of an impact and crush in on itself. That way the body of the plane is unharmed. All you have to do is attach a new nose and you're good to go!
If you would simply like to buy more noses they are available in the store!

viggen-build-17-jpg_1392233570.jpg

viggen-build-18-jpg_1392233572.jpg

viggen-build-19-jpg_1392233575.jpg

For recommended electronics: check here!

decals-minipic-png_1392054522.jpg

The decals are available here for download.
(Please bare in mind that the file is almost 500MB. Print size is 54x50 inches.)

plans-minipic-png_1392054429.jpg

FREE Build Plans:

FT-Viggen [FULL]

FT-Viggen [TILED]

Thank you to the entire community for making projects like this possible.

Let us know how your build went or if you have any tips or comments.
Where is the Viggen??? I bought one a month ago, then it disappeared from the store. No back order, no nothing.
Josh, are you guys redesigning it? Are you doing away with it??? It’s a sweet plane to use a spare 70mm setup on. This is my 3rd, I really hope it isn’t the last... ☹️

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Where is the Viggen??? I bought one a month ago, then it disappeared from the store. No back order, no nothing.
Josh, are you guys redesigning it? Are you doing away with it??? It’s a sweet plane to use a spare 70mm setup on. This is my 3rd, I really hope it isn’t the last... ☹️

Free plans man. Here is a resource link

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
I noticed they've been in the process of updating the SBK's from the brown Adams FT foam board, to the white Adams FT Maker Foam. Occasionally, the SBK's will temporarily be unavailable on the site during the updates.

JAMplan65

I noticed they've been in the process of updating the SBK's from the brown Adams FT foam board, to the white Adams FT Maker Foam. Occasionally, the SBK's will temporarily be unavailable on the site during the updates.
I hope so. For a quick build EDF kit, it rocks! I'd hate to see it go away...as a kit. Battleaxe, yes I appreciate the link to the free plans as with the way I fly, I know I'll need it ;-)

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
The Viggen is back in the store, again. FT Viggen
The listing has a funny typo, though. ... Currently, it won't arrive until Dec 2029! LOL!
EDIT: Oops! Well, it's not a typo. It's a sign of a discontinued kit. :cry: There's more info about it being discontinued in the description, and the same for all other planes with the same "available" date.

Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
F 16 .I was wondering if you could post tiled.a.plans I don't have computer or phone to tile them .Just cannon printer and cheap phone .don't mean to be a bug just wondering .your the best🤙
Are you looking for @Mid7night's F-16 plans?