FT Viggen - vectored thrust build

ejwolski

I built the FT Viggen and am using the FT Elements vectored thrust units. What motor/ESC combo is recommended for this build? I've searched and not been able to find the answer.

I have a Blue Wonder motor left over from another project - seems like it might work.

Cheers!

Gene

Attachments

• IMG_4191.jpg
    IMG_4191.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

degriz

I built the FT Viggen and am using the FT Elements vectored thrust units. What motor/ESC combo is recommended for this build? I've searched and not been able to find the answer.

I have a Blue Wonder motor left over from another project - seems like it might work.

Cheers!

Gene
I have used the blue wonder and it flew very nicely. Not a speed demon but a sweet flyer. The thrust vectoring worked very well on mine. Did have to add nose weight.

ejwolski

Glad to hear! I just need to find an appropriate ESC - I know I have one somewhere around here...

Thanks!

degriz

Looks great, I think I had a 9 x 4.7 slo fly on mine, if I remember right. That was about 5 years ago. It took a little time to get going but it was a very docile flier and floated right in on landing. Depending on battery size you might need that nose weight.