Help! Ft viggen with aura

saber13

So to start I have built an ft viggen 70mm edf and have an aura 5 in it as well, and I have a zorro 4in1. I have watched and followed along the videos for setting up flying wings but my throws are way wrong and I can't seem to get them right.

dap35

Elite member
So to start I have built an ft viggen 70mm edf and have an aura 5 in it as well, and I have a zorro 4in1. I have watched and followed along the videos for setting up flying wings but my throws are way wrong and I can't seem to get them right.
There are a couple of options.... Start by go into the quick set mode with the buttons on the Aura, then hold the offending control (aileron or elevator to the max position and hold it. The aura should reverse the input at that point.

I have found some cases where I needed to connect the Aura to a Windows PC and use the Aura Config utility to reverse the individual servos.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
There are 8 combinations of reversing channels and swapping servo channels. One of them will work.
Here is a video to explain.

Don’t do any reversing or mixing it your Tx. If you do you will reverse the gyros. Instead of helping keep the plane in the air, they will be fighting against you, trying to crash your plane.

Do the mixing and reversing in the Aurora.

Last edited:

Burnhard

There are 8 combinations of reversing channels and swapping servo channels. One of them will work.
Here is a video to explain.

Don’t do any reversing or mixing it your Tx. If you do you will reverse the gyros. Instead of helping keep the plane in the air, they will be fighting against you, trying to crash your plane.

Do the mixing and reversing in the Aurora.

I can completely resonate with this. On my Viggen I first tried the set-up via the button but that did not work at all and I also encountered the issue with the reverse gyros. Solution was to fully reset the TX and to do the full aura setup through a windows laptop. That worked very well. I strongly recommend a full ground test to check that the control surfaces behave as they should. A Viggen with an Aura flies on rails.