FT Viggen

docque

I built a Viggen and I screwed up the intakes. Do you think it will be fine even though it is a bit off. I will attach the image.
IMG_20181018_164912483.jpg

kilroy07

Legendary member
It'll fly fine.
Don't bother painting and fly this one like you stole it (try all the stuff you might be afraid of later) ;)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I'm with Kilroy on this one. The Viggen is at the top on my "Dream List" of planes I want to build and fly. Heck, if it's already screwed up? Gotta see what she can (or can't) do!

docque

It'll fly fine.
Don't bother painting and fly this one like you stole it (try all the stuff you might be afraid of later) ;)
My artistic ability sucks so I rarely paint my planes. I do waterproof them though. I will give it a try in the Spring.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
My artistic ability sucks so I rarely paint my planes.

I am also artistically impaired . Ed showed me how to cover my planes with colored packing tape. Its cheap, light weight, easy, fast, water proof and my planes look good. Repairs are a snap.

I believe Tape Brothers is now http://www.tapeplanet.com/ , I've also had good results with Hobby King tape.

Brett_N

it'll fly - the intakes have nothing to really do with aerodynamics.

Did you use the BIG EDF? Once you get it trimmed out correctly, flying a 4S is the only way to go, and you won't be disappointed. It flies like a high-wing trainer.