FT Viggen

FT Viggen 1.1

FishbonesAir

My son and I are going to do a EDF, and after much debate the Viggen won out over the L-39 as our first jet. 😁
I found the "Powerfun" 50mm EDF on Amazon. They're out of the 4s model, but the 3s is available and produces a modest 770g of thrust.

All-up weight for rcr, 2 servos, battery, ESC and EDF comes to 220 grams.

If we size it to fit the smaller fan, would this work okay?

Shalom, David

Last edited:

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
My son and I are going to do a EDF, and after much debate the Viggen won out over the L-39 as our first jet. 😁
I found the "Powerfun" 50mm EDF on Amazon. They're out of the 4s model, but the 3s is available and produces a modest 770g of thrust.

All-up weight for rcr, 2 servos, battery, ESC and EDF comes to 220 grams.

If we size it to fit the smaller fan, would this work okay?

Shalom, David
I don’t have any experience with edfs, but if it’s that light, I’m guessing it would work. But DO NOT take my word for it. I’m just purely guessing. Someone with more knowledge is going to have to back me up. (Or not)

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Here's my attempt with the Viggen. Lots of spare parts on this one: 70mm EDF from my wrecked FT Me-262, recycled servos from an old Dynam Hurricane, and bits and pieces of leftover foamboard. Finished with whatever spray paint I had left in the garage and some homemade vinyl decals. Overall a quick and easy build- probably good, as this one may not live a long time. If I did it again, I'd add a long carbon fiber rod to the wing to prevent it from bending upward.

Flying it was a trip. Maidened like a rocket with a 4S 3000 battery. First thing I learned was that I needed to turn down the rates (60%) and turn up the expo (40%). I'm hopeful I'll pick up a few other tips and tricks before she becomes a lawn dart. What a great platform to learn the Ways of the EDF.

Attachments

• 20220420_083113.jpg
    20220420_083113.jpg
    771.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220420_083121.jpg
    20220420_083121.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Lester

Here's my attempt with the Viggen. Lots of spare parts on this one: 70mm EDF from my wrecked FT Me-262, recycled servos from an old Dynam Hurricane, and bits and pieces of leftover foamboard. Finished with whatever spray paint I had left in the garage and some homemade vinyl decals. Overall a quick and easy build- probably good, as this one may not live a long time. If I did it again, I'd add a long carbon fiber rod to the wing to prevent it from bending upward.

Flying it was a trip. Maidened like a rocket with a 4S 3000 battery. First thing I learned was that I needed to turn down the rates (60%) and turn up the expo (40%). I'm hopeful I'll pick up a few other tips and tricks before she becomes a lawn dart. What a great platform to learn the Ways of the EDF.
Yup I put carbon fiber in two spots across the wing . Still strait flat whatever.fun fun fun 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20210222_152837.jpg
    IMG_20210222_152837.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210222_152537.jpg
    IMG_20210222_152537.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0