• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

I wonder how long it will take till you have to register a bowling ball
Here in California you need to get a background check to buy ammo. Not just a gun mind you, ammo. I worked in airsoft for a while too and the amount of paperwork the state requires to sell a toy gun is ridiculous. Honestly the only difference between buying a real gun and a toy gun in this state is the background check and 30 day waiting period. That's one of the biggest reasons why I stopped airsofting, is how overregulated it is here. I got into RC partly thinking "why no one will ever want to ban a toy airplane!" Six months later here we are. It's always one idiot ruining it for everyone else, then the government gets involved.

BATTLEAXE

Here in California you need to get a background check to buy ammo. Not just a gun mind you, ammo. I worked in airsoft for a while too and the amount of paperwork the state requires to sell a toy gun is ridiculous. Honestly the only difference between buying a real gun and a toy gun in this state is the background check and 30 day waiting period. That's one of the biggest reasons why I stopped airsofting, is how overregulated it is here. I got into RC partly thinking "why no one will ever want to ban a toy airplane!" Six months later here we are. It's always one idiot ruining it for everyone else, then the government gets involved.
Graded on a curve given I live in Canada its not as bad, it's nothing if you keep it under 250g's. But like anything else I have to support your situation, cuz once it happens there it's just a matter of time for us here. I am just going to FUTR, become an outlaw I guess

Again, not today but yesterday. Had the parts in a box, and though I was sick, between naps I finished the build. It’s mostly the UAVFutures 2018 $99 build...kind of. I’m not really a quad pilot and it’s snowy, so I wonder how long it will take to disappear. I may need to put a buzzer on it. A really loud buzzer. 366FD8CB-C757-4FD2-946B-C5E6F59AF028.jpeg

basslord1124

Just watched the FT C130 episode...just awesome! John Overstreet did a killer job!

Been pretty grounded here. Aside from being busy with other life stuff, our area has been saturated for probably over a week now. Some areas are now starting to see flooding. First we got a little bit of snow, and then it switched to rain and been doing that ever since. :mad:

But I've also been doing some plane repairs...KFM Wing, FT Seaduck, etc so not doing too bad I suppose.

Just watched the FT C130 episode...just awesome! John Overstreet did a killer job!

Been pretty grounded here. Aside from being busy with other life stuff, our area has been saturated for probably over a week now. Some areas are now starting to see flooding. First we got a little bit of snow, and then it switched to rain and been doing that ever since. :mad:

But I've also been doing some plane repairs...KFM Wing, FT Seaduck, etc so not doing too bad I suppose.
I won't be able to fly for the next week or so...

Again, not today but yesterday. Had the parts in a box, and though I was sick, between naps I finished the build. It’s mostly the UAVFutures 2018 $99 build...kind of. I’m not really a quad pilot and it’s snowy, so I wonder how long it will take to disappear. I may need to put a buzzer on it. A really loud buzzer. View attachment 157780
I used that frame for a build - it's really strong!