FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
I haven't really been motivated to build anything lately, I've been really tired and kind of busy with some other projects but I finally rebuild the V-tailed Arrowhead. I should be able to fly it with my Part 107 class in 2 weeks. There are some guys in the class who'll help me learn to fly it so I'm not to keen on trying it out before then.
I'm a little bit salty* about the FAA right now, hence the pirate colors. I'll put my sky pirates flag on it tomorrow.

*Human language is not sufficient to describe how salty I am, therefore I will not attempt to.
View attachment 159434

I moved all the electronics underneath so it looks a lot cleaner than the last one. The stripes are secretly for orientation, but they look good too.

View attachment 159435

View attachment 159437
I would also like to point out that if you use a wood dowel or cf rod as a fuselage like I did you can build the Arrowhead with 1 sheet of foam.

Tench745

Master member
Stopped into my local hobby-shop today and saw two beautifully painted Bloody Barons hanging on the wall next to a simple soarer speed build kit and a bloody baron speed build kit. First time they've had any FT stuff. If my wife wasn't giving me knowing looks I might have had to buy a baron..

speedbirdted

Legendary member
I took a big bucket full of copper and turned it into these today. They got ordered on Valentine's day, I just had too many airplanes to work on :ROFLMAO:

P_20200229_201526.jpg

Considering not 3 days ago they looked like this I don't think I did too bad

IMG_20200218_004327.jpg

I also went for a walk and found this absolutely perfect spot for float flying. There's this weird ledge maybe 10 feet above the water and a little ways away a place to put a plane in. I think I'll come back here with an airplane or two when the temperature gets into the double digits...

P_20200228_154752.jpg

RedTwilight

I haven't really done much RC wise in the past year. But in the past few weeks I've done more RC stuff than all of last year combined.
First I ordered an E-Flite 1.5 Air Tractor, then caught the FT bug watching their Youtube videos.
I started designing a mostly foam 1/5 scale G-164B Ag Cat.
Then repaired a Parkzone Sport Cub S (got a little too close to a tree), repaired a Flyzone Sensei (a friend gave me that was just going to trash it), repaired one outer wing panel from my Radian XL (prop hub came apart on launch).
Next assembled a FMS 800mm Corsair and started assembly on my Precision Aerobatics Ultimate AMR V2.

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
No planes today, but I tried to fix my dad's old Team Associated 4x4 truck. The batteries it used to run off were all shot so I soldered on an XT60 and plugged in a 3s. Everything was running fine, man the thing was fast. I started having some issues after a while, the thing's over 15 years old. I think the ESC must've shorted because after a few minutes of driving the motor would run constantly, even if the power switch was turned off. Even with the Tx disconnected plugging a battery into the ESC would make the motor run at full throttle. As I said the car was over 15 years old so I'm not surprised that it's having issues, this just seems really strange and I'd love to know what the problem was, for science.
New ESCs aren't that much but it's not my car so I'll let him pay for it. We can get two so I can have one for my USS Dallas project. I was planning on making the hull plug today but I got sidetracked on the car and I have school in a little while.

Thinking about getting a few of these for it and the submarine:

https://wt ww.amazon.com/dp/B01CCRZHNI/?tag=lstir-20

speedbirdted

Legendary member
If we all make it to FF in July we ought to do a big formation flight with just Valiants.

Mine will get a maiden hopefully tomorrow if the garbage weather goes away. Everything went together pretty easily though I think I'm going to do some mods to it namely putting in new battery velcro since whatever Horizon gives you is awful. And as always I chopped off the connector they give you and replaced it with an xt60 because I am NOT paying $40 for a single battery :D

I think I'm also going to build some floats for it using the petersripol polycrilic method since I don't have any of the nice maker foam stuff. Has anyone made plans for foamboard V-bottomed floats or do I have to do that myself? I remember I saw some prototypes for the simple cub for V-bottom floats but I've never seen the plans for them.

Sweet!! I have a valiant - electronics, cowling, wheels, and a couple other minor parts. I traded it with a buddy, but I haven't gotten around to finishing and flying it. Now you and @SquirrelTail both got them and are really making me want to finish mine up! :LOL:
what's stopping you?? It took me like, maybe 10 minutes to set mine up...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
If we all make it to FF in July we ought to do a big formation flight with just Valiants.

Mine will get a maiden hopefully tomorrow if the garbage weather goes away. Everything went together pretty easily though I think I'm going to do some mods to it namely putting in new battery velcro since whatever Horizon gives you is awful. And as always I chopped off the connector they give you and replaced it with an xt60 because I am NOT paying $40 for a single battery :D

I think I'm also going to build some floats for it using the petersripol polycrilic method since I don't have any of the nice maker foam stuff. Has anyone made plans for foamboard V-bottomed floats or do I have to do that myself? I remember I saw some prototypes for the simple cub for V-bottom floats but I've never seen the plans for them.

what's stopping you?? It took me like, maybe 10 minutes to set mine up...
I’m totally in if I bring my Valiant! I don’t think there were ever plans for the V-shapes hulls. I have to hook up all the electronics and figure out how to mount the motor, since my C pack doesn’t fit the holes in the cowling... I’ll also need to scavenge two more servos for the flaps...