FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
lol already seen it on flitetest discord and rc discord. wicked cool dude. as i said before, really cool shots but explosions (especially fiery ones) would make it 10x better... lol

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Now THAT'S how you repair an airplane lol. Yeah I just found an rc club close to me that I am going to check out in a couple of weeks, from what I've heard they sound like a great bunch of guys. I have had my friend, Kyle, and I fly at the same time but it was only once. It was during the eclipse over the summer, I have a vlog on it lol. Flying with a friend is a lot of fun!

Kyle flew amazingly in that video with the scout!

also yeah it was a quick, desperate field repair on my first flight ever so.... i had a friend with some light ductwork tape and i found that PERFECT stick on the ground so.... it didnt actually fly that weird after. i really need to learn to let OFF the throttle when im going to crash instead of gunning it though....

a friend filmed the whole thing and i edited it together with slo mo and all on a free app on my mobile device. i can link it if you want. the epic half loop thing where the wings folded is the most impressive part.

on a slightly related note, i have now removed the stick and fixed it the right way- with hot glue, packing tape, and a bbq skewer. do you think a single skewer will and a whole stick worth of glue with keep it together enough for loops again?

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I am not sure, once the wings fold it's pretty hard to stop them from folding again. I never had a problem with my FT Flyer's wings folding until I was going full throttle on a 2200 3s and tried to make a sharp turn.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
I am not sure, once the wings fold it's pretty hard to stop them from folding again. I never had a problem with my FT Flyer's wings folding until I was going full throttle on a 2200 3s and tried to make a sharp turn.

well i used 1-2 full size extra long glue sticks repairing it so hopefully it will stay.... should i stick on another skewer for extra measure?
also wow a 2200!?!?!? i cant believe it flew with that! lol must have been pretty hot!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Build Build Build-ruary

I lead a STEM Camp-in weekend with the Cub Scouts (article to be posting soon) which culminated with the building of the FT Xb-70 Valkyrie chuck glider by Ben Harber
FT XB-70 Cut and Ready.JPG
Box o Fun Ready.JPG
Valkyrie Build.JPG

I've been engaged the Build-ruary Challenge (see below) and thereby in finishing the Bloody Kraftei - or ME-163 Komet here.
attachment.php

and prepped my X-29 build for cutting tonight. :applause:

I am loving this!

Last edited:

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Foamy, If you use your army of stem students you can get a lot more than 4 planes done in the builduary....

Tench745

Master member
I got to go fly my Simple Soarer glider today. I think I'm in love. What other plane lets you spend 2 hours at the park on a storage-charged battery (2.8v per cell) and still fly for 20 minutes while getting a bunch of exercise? My best flight was 2 minutes soaring in the lift off the hill. Once the wind died the best I could do was 40 seconds or so, followed by a hike down the hill and back.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
I got to go fly my Simple Soarer glider today. I think I'm in love. What other plane lets you spend 2 hours at the park on a storage-charged battery (2.8v per cell) and still fly for 20 minutes while getting a bunch of exercise? My best flight was 2 minutes soaring in the lift off the hill. Once the wind died the best I could do was 40 seconds or so, followed by a hike down the hill and back.

AWESOME!! can NOT wait to get mine flight ready!

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
This is a couple days late but Tuesday (my b-day) I decided it was time to get in a flight especially since I hadn't flown anything since the new year. I took out the Adagio I got from FFOH last year and got 10 minutes of flying out of 5 minutes of motor use. I don't know how that stacks against you experienced sailplane pilots but I'm pleased with the 2:1 ratio.

I flew at dusk while the full moon was high. Highlight: No walk o'shame and no postflight maintenance needed.

I have plenty of work in my hangar to do, plenty to fly, and even some things to be posted here in the forum. Time to get busy.

Last edited:

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
This is a couple days late but Tuesday (my b-day) I decided it was time to get in a flight especially since I hadn't flown anything since the new year. I took out the Adagio I got from FFOH last year and got 10 minutes of flying out of 5 minutes of motor use. I don't know how that stacks against you experienced sailplane pilots but I'm pleased with the 2:1 ratio.

I flew at dusk while the full moon was high. Highlight: No walk o'shame and no postflight maintenance needed.

I have plenty of work in my hangar to do, plenty to fly, and even some things to be posted here in the forum. Time to get busy.

Happy Birthday!! :applause::applause::applause::applause::D;)

Last edited by a moderator:

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
After seeing Nate’s field charging solution then watching this video, I think I really want a good field charging solution.

Last edited:

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Thanks for the b-day wishes. I'm now just a year shy of half a century of breathing air.

It was a good excuse to get out and let the numerous house projects go on hold briefly.

I suppose I should get some photos/videos too lest I be accused of makin' stuff up.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
hey we don't make the rules.. the internet does!. will be good to see you out relaxing and havin fun anyways.