FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

PoorManRC

Master member
FlySky radios - especially their new ones - are good solid options. I know several people using them happily and we re-distribute these as club donations when we get them. And the new ones are backwards compatible with their older receivers too. And I happen to know where an extra one is I can get shipped to you today - I'll PM for your address.

Happy birthday! :D
THANK YOU doesn't begin to cover it!! 👌😊💪

redbarton

Added another crawler to my garage ..

15850751411034304531231316015708.jpg

I picked up a cheap Redcat for my kids. So now we can go on trail adventures together.

redbarton

Sweet! Reminds me I still need to fix my dad's RC18T.
I used to race RC18R's (R for rally) with a local club in parking lots during the Summer and on carpet in a gym during the Winter. I never won any races, but it was still a blast watching 20-30 of those fly around a track. We even did some oval racing. I miss those days.

That reminds me! I still have a body I airbrushed for a friend for the racing. He was into the General Lee at the time. That's all paint except for the Team Associated and headlight stickers.

IMG_20200324_142030216.jpg

Last edited:

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
I used to race RC18R's (R for rally) with a local club in parking lots during the Summer and on carpet in a gym during the Winter. I never won any races, but it was still a blast watching 20-30 of those fly around a track. We even did some oval racing. I miss those days.

That reminds me! I still have a body I airbrushed for a friend for the racing. He was into the General Lee at the time. That's all paint except for the Team Associated and headlight stickers.

View attachment 163055
Impressive!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Well today I flew 4 packs through the Simple Stick - one of which was a 4s! It was awesome! :D The stick is my favorite plane up to date - it has such a great speed envelope and can do aerobatics as well. All around such a fun plane! Oh, and it is awesome to take off and land with at the baseball diamond I fly at! It taxis great as well. Also, I had a LOS with the kitfox and crashed. Upon inspecting damage, throttle and elevator worked but even though rudder and ailerons were plugged in, they weren't moving. As I wiggled the rudder stick the rudder suddenly moved from full one direction to full the other way. That makes me think that something else was going on and it wasn't the receiver. Also, several times in previous flights it had felt like the rudder was having issues, doing weird things when I would do a spin. It's definitely fixable.

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
Thanks! However, that pales in comparison to my drivin' skilz!

View attachment 163079

That's literally an action shot of me racing! Someone clearly forgot to tell me to keep the wheels on the pavement!

Sorry, I'm bored. Thanks for indulging in my dreams of the glory days. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
I thought you could only do inverted low passes with planes!