• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

SquirrelTail

gonna be a hell of a friday, 3 Deamon's to fly. 82 mph up to 120 mph hopefully between the group. :cool:

View attachment 163221

can't wait! i have flown the middle weight before, the other 2 will be maindens. :love:

laters,

me :cool:

p.s. - Josh from JH Aerospace (@FAI-F1D ) has been awesome. i completely screwed up my first wing and control horns on the micro and he sent a complete new wing and horns no issues. thank you soooooo much! (y)

laters,

Have you seen the new demon prototype? It has a 9.5" wingspan 😈😈

SquirrelTail

gonna be a hell of a friday, 3 Deamon's to fly. 82 mph up to 120 mph hopefully between the group. :cool:

View attachment 163221

can't wait! i have flown the middle weight before, the other 2 will be maindens. :love:

laters,

p.s. - Josh from JH Aerospace (@FAI-F1D ) has been awesome. i completely screwed up my first wing and control horns on the micro and he sent a complete new wing and horns no issues. thank you soooooo much! (y)

laters,

Also, how do you calculate how fast your plane is going to go?

bracesport

@BATTLEAXE - this is a very nice build - I have been waiting to see some of your 'very' custom ideas in play and this is it! I can see heaps of your innovations with construction and reinforcement in this one - brilliant!

High Salute Sir! :D

Its getting down to the nitty gritty around here hobby wise, finishing up some projects. Anything worth doing is worth over doing at this point. So this is what I was up to today...

Stay healthy and stay safe

mrjdstewart

Have you seen the new demon prototype? It has a 9.5" wingspan 😈😈
no i haven't. thanks for the heads up.

Also, how do you calculate how fast your plane is going to go?
i plug the numbers into ecalc. it's usually pretty accurate. i need to get a speed gun but haven't. i have ridden, driven, and flown many fast things at this point in my life and i feel i'm a pretty good judge.

ecalc calculated my foam deamon to hit 99mph in level flight. I can tell you today from it's maiden, it did not make that number. I have no proof but based upon the 82mph predicted for the mini, which i believe, this was not much faster. made an awesome noise, but not really faster.

i was hoping to maiden the micro today but it continues to fight me. at this point i need to just chill and take a breathe. it is telling me it's not ready to fly. if i force the issue, bad things are destine to happen.

time to charge batteries for tomorrow.

be safe guys.

laters,

Just finished my latest build, the Aeronaut. A 2m sailplane designed by me. This is my second sailplane design and weighs in at 491g, almost 100g less than my last one. It is 4ch running off a 1300mah 3s. I made plans for it if anyone's interested, it would be nice to have a beta builder or two since I haven't tested them.

Honestly I think it's too pretty to fly but I guess I'll have to eventually.

Just finished my latest build, the Aeronaut. A 2m sailplane designed by me. This is my second sailplane design and weighs in at 491g, almost 100g less than my last one. It is 4ch running off a 1300mah 3s. I made plans for it if anyone's interested, it would be nice to have a beta builder or two since I haven't tested them.

Honestly I think it's too pretty to fly but I guess I'll have to eventually.

beta builder ? :unsure:

let me know. i have currently nothing but time and lot's of foam.

how are you launching it?

i am going stir crazy and for some reason have had a hard time working on the planes. seems i want to do something different.

so...when a mom said her kid wanted to build a farris wheel and needed help, i was more than happy to help. :cool:

he had plans out of a book they had bought at the book fair. it looked pretty cool and i was all in. plans used bbq skewers, popsicle sticks, plastic straws, and a 9v battery w a brushed motor. pretty sure this was made for me! :ROFLMAO:

I let him do 95% of the build himself and he was TICKLED PINK with the outcome. :)

IMG_7064.jpg

IMG_7065.jpg

it works, but spins a little fast and obviously has a few issues.

as soon as they left, i jumped on the computer and started work @Tinkercad.com

first job was to solve the error in bbq skewer alignment on the center hub. a few minutes later i had this...

20200402_160727.jpg

next issue was the hub for the outer span of the octagon wheel. a little geometry later we knew our angles needs and made this...

20200331_194055.jpg

we then plugged that into Simply3D and loaded into the printer. now we have these...

20200402_160214.jpg

these were printed @ med grade and 25% infill. plan is to print the rest of the parts, do a mock build up, make adjustments if needed, and reprint at more infill if needed. i think we will be fine... ;)

keep building,