• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

beta builder ? :unsure:

let me know. i have currently nothing but time and lot's of foam.

how are you launching it?

me :cool:
I built mine for sloping, I just throw it over the cliff by hand. There's a bit of extra room in the fuse even with the big 6ch Rx I'm using, if you were clever you could fit one of the FT glider tows in it and bungee launch it, just beef up the spar a bit.

mrjdstewart

I built mine for sloping, I just throw it over the cliff by hand. There's a bit of extra room in the fuse even with the big 6ch Rx I'm using, if you were clever you could fit one of the FT glider tows in it and bungee launch it, just beef up the spar a bit.
i have a winch and a bungee launch at our field but worry about both.

i/we use the bungee for high speed aircraft. it could be adjusted for tension and torque on launch, but i worry that i would not get much elevation as a result. next is the winch, which i think once again may rip the wing off. any chance of putting a small quad motor in nose with folding prop?

laters,

i have a winch and a bungee launch at our field but worry about both.

i/we use the bungee for high speed aircraft. it could be adjusted for tension and torque on launch, but i worry that i would not get much elevation as a result. next is the winch, which i think once again may rip the wing off. any chance of putting a small quad motor in nose with folding prop?

laters,

You'd have to modify the plans a bit but it should be possible. There's about 3" behind the battery to play around with. I have a theory about rocket launch gliders that needs to be tested too.

Namactual

Well, I got this much done today at least...
PowerPlant.jpg
She sure is purty.:whistle:

Side note:
The only thing worse than not having an organized work area is dumping your unorganized workshop into random boxes when you move. Looking for those 1mm bullet connectors? I only have 15 boxes worth of options right? I will give you three guesses as to how many boxes I had to dig through to find those...:sneaky:

The Hangar

Well, I got this much done today at least...
View attachment 164857
She sure is purty.:whistle:

Side note:
The only thing worse than not having an organized work area is dumping your unorganized workshop into random boxes when you move. Looking for those 1mm bullet connectors? I only have 15 boxes worth of options right? I will give you three guesses as to how many boxes I had to dig through to find those...:sneaky:
I only need one guess - it’ll be exactly 15 boxes - ask me how I know... :LOL::rolleyes:

Took out the ole U2 plane for a calm morning flight. Ran it on a 1500mah 3 cell and got 57 minutes of flight! Beautiful day to be alive and well🙂

Attachments