FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I have not had a powered glider in my fleet in a long while. I do miss those relaxing hour long flights.
I might just have to build another one.

I loved my Sky Surfer, anyone here have experience with the FT-Explorer? Tis she a good'n?
It’s a pretty nice plane, but I found the thrust angle on the plans was way off. I built like 3 pods thinking I was doing something wrong and then I finally gave it some up thrust and it flew amazing!

Namactual

Elite member
It’s a pretty nice plane, but I found the thrust angle on the plans was way off. I built like 3 pods thinking I was doing something wrong and then I finally gave it some up thrust and it flew amazing!
I might just have to build one. The question is now whether or not to build a stock FT version or put my own spin on it?:unsure: The last thing I need right now is another design, but that's the fun part for me...

While I ponder that, I have two birds ready for flight. One ready for it's maiden, the other is ready for air to air combat again.(y)
Fleet48202.jpg Fleet48201.jpg
I need to get some AIM-120's Printed up and few F-15 pylons now.:cool:

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
I might just have to build one. The question is now whether or not to build a stock FT version or put my own spin on it?:unsure: The last thing I need right now is another design, but that's the fun part for me...

While I ponder that, I have two birds ready for flight. One ready for it's maiden, the other is ready for air to air combat again.(y)
View attachment 164957 View attachment 164956
I need to get some AIM-120's Printed up and few F-15 pylons now.:cool:
The red Eagle reminds me of the F-15 Active project from a few years back

F15_ACTIVE.jpg

Someone should totally build one sometime

Namactual

Elite member
The red Eagle reminds me of the F-15 Active project from a few years back
Someone should totally build one sometime
I have thought about it. That would not take me more than a day to adapt my Eagle to the active, but the extra weight and drag would offset any performance gains. It would look cool though.

I have two other paint schemes for the Eagle above I have not shown anyone yet. One of them has a cool factor over 9000. It will put that active to shame and will be ready for showtime soon.;)