FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

Bricks

Master member
Have you checked the balance of your props balancing both the blade and the hub? This does not totally cure the vibration problem but does help, being these are single cylinder engines there is no way to totally alleviate it.

JennyC6

Elite member
Have you checked the balance of your props balancing both the blade and the hub? This does not totally cure the vibration problem but does help, being these are single cylinder engines there is no way to totally alleviate it.
I usually don't bother balancing my props precisely because they're mounted on single cylinder engines that vibrate like crazy no matter what. They're close enough out-of-package that any vibration they may cause is negligible compared to what the engine itself is causing.

Bricks

Master member
I usually don't bother balancing my props precisely because they're mounted on single cylinder engines that vibrate like crazy no matter what. They're close enough out-of-package that any vibration they may cause is negligible compared to what the engine itself is causing.

Have you checked I have found many way off, I also balance my bigger electric props makes a huge difference there.

leaded50

Legendary member
changed ESC, angle of motor, and retract readjusting to get everything working the best way.

Attachments

• DSC_0193.JPG
    DSC_0193.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 0

JennyC6

Elite member
Other then balance the cars are only spinning a small gear so there is no real weight on the end of the shaft.
They also spin it 2-4 times as fast. My FS26 redlines at about 9750 or so; my 18CV-RX is only barely getting the clutch to engage at that point and doesn't stop revving till somewhere just north of 30k. Also worth noting that, when one of my planes wiggles the engine loose, it usually stops being a problem once I retighten it. I've never had the same plane do it twice.

OliverW

Legendary member
Plans are coming tomorrow. It's super simple, and has a really wide flight range. I fly mine off an F-pack with a 1300 3s, but it can easily handle an 850. You could also run an a pack on it as a really light weight setup, but I think it would get blown away in the wind. @Vimana89 , what do you think? You're the delta kind after all lol
20200624_120034.jpg

JennyC6

Elite member
Makes me wanna get my dad's Team Associated running again. It needs a new ESC and I'm not buying it.
They're so much fun and quite tough besides. Be well worth it. Which truck you got, perchance? If it's an RC10T4 it's actually a close relative of my SC10GT, as it's a shortcourse modification of the RC10GT2 which is itself a nitro modification of the T4.