FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

Timmy

Legendary member
My grunjet only made it to the 3rd flight too haha. I was going to rebuild it but mine impacted too hard. I'll probably build another next week
well mine's is still flyable at least and I'll probably take it out for a spin later if the wind dies down a bit.
I'll make sure to get some footage this time.
Edit: good news, wind is dying down.
dying is a weird word.

Last edited:

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well I made a transport cradle for the Madness today, I do have to deepen the slots where the wing sits in though. That fat wing and with the cradle is now it is about 1" to tall to fit under the tonneau cover. Actually I made two, the other one is for the Extra 300S.

2021_0306_211803_001.JPG
2021_0306_211814_002.JPG
2021_0306_211825_003.JPG
View attachment

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well cut the slots right to the bottom and now the madness wing just fits into the back of the truck with 1/2" to clear. Drilled in some skewers to all the uprights for a little extra strength and found a used roll of rubber weather stripping to soften the contact edges.

2021_0307_084124_001.JPG
2021_0307_084619_001.JPG
2021_0307_084625_002.JPG
2021_0307_105357_001.JPG

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
finished printing main body and cage joints. pretty happy so far.

20210311_173232.jpg

plan is to do a temp hot glue, then drill and tap servo screws from the outside to hold the cage to the body. i will then be able to completely disassemble the body whenever i need.

i also want to be able to return it to "stock" form so i did not want to change things permanently. big issue has been front bumper, it rubs tires on extreme articulation and steering so it was gonna have to be cut down. then i thought, duh. just take it off! that will solve all my problems and allow my front tires to always be in contact before anything else. relocate the lights and this thing is gonna be able to crawl up a 90 degree wall. (y)

sunday is gonna be fun!

me :cool:

Wildthing

Legendary member
@Wildthing your snow racer looks awesome! That turned out really really well. I want to see you reduce rudder throw and open it up across those fields.
LOL, yes she does turn really easy. I think I was having more trouble towards the end because the plastic page protectors I used to protect the foam was getting shredded apart on the front pontoons and causing extra uneven drag.

Wildthing

Legendary member
@Wildthing your snow racer looks awesome! That turned out really really well. I want to see you reduce rudder throw and open it up across those fields.
Bottom end after that run, well the rear pink float that damage was from the frozen snow the first time out. The front you can see how even though it was soft and melting it just destroyed that plastic. I think I am going to just run a couple strips of duct tape and see how it holds out.

2021_0313_085821_001.JPG
2021_0313_085829_002.JPG