FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Got a couple of engines, nothing really special. ;)

View attachment 211981

Three Kavan FK50s and two Saito 300T's. No, I did not pay market price for them. Not anywhere close. That's the great thing about old modelers who just want to downsize and don't care about actually making any money. :)

The Kavan on the plexiglass stand has never even run. Immediately it went to the RCGroups classified because I have no interest in holding onto an engine that I'm not going to run that still has premium collector's value, especially while I have two other ones with runtime on them that I could just use instead. Once I test run all the other ones I'll also start selling them and hold onto probably one of each since my odds of getting another Kavan for this cheap is pretty much nil.

Speaking of that; I will need to mix up a custom blend of fuel for the Kavans since they have wet sump lubrication and require very little oil in the fuel. I think in the manual they specify 2% or something crazy low compared to normal engines.

There's also a 1/4 scale cub in the background. The guy threw that in at the end because he kept complaining about it getting in his way. :ROFLMAO:

Man those 300T's look amazing with the opposed jugs and brass rocker covers. I know they are designed for airplanes but I picture one sticking out of the rear of a VW Bug model

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
kids are always asking me, "why do we need to know geometry?" :unsure:

20211120_144855.jpg

luv me some perpendicular bisectors! :LOL:

laters,

me :cool:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Finally finished my FT Sea Angel build. Well, basically... It's flyable. Eventually I will paint the coat of arms on the tail, and I might have to re-carve Porco's head. The proportions feel off.
View attachment 212231 View attachment 212232
Beautiful job! I flew my Sea Angel today actually, and I was talking to my buddy about painting it and he suggested painting it in a blue angels scheme. I was planning on painting it red like yours but I really like the blue angels suggestion.

SSgt Duramax

I set my radar gun upside down in the road and turned it on constant transmit, and tested it out to see if it could clock my rustler.

Success, 56 mph with plenty left (about 2/3 throttle). I am pretty sure I can clock my planes with it once I have a gun aimer. I dared not go faster with cars parked in the street.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Almost finished my 120% tiny trainer...
And I believe I've finally found the foam that dollar tree and ft use... Now I can make my own foam that weighs exactly the same as dtfb or ftfb.
😀😀....
Yippee

JennyC6

Elite member

Nothin' like the sound of a happy 4-stroke burbling over! And this one's barely even been run; was a virgin engine before I mounted it on this virgin airframe. Gonna be fun to fly I reckon, scheduled for this weekend.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Sweeeeeeet!!!!
It sure is .... And it also cut super cleanly... Way better than the other stuff I was using... That used to break the bubbles off, and then it would be a mess to try clean up.especially when it got in the carpets...
This new foam doesn't do, that, instead it makes nice clean slivers that I just throw in the dustbin, as I work.
Plus it'll work really well for master series builds to!!!