FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

Vimana89

Legendary member
you know what they say...if you like something, make it BIGGER! Well, I don't know who says that...but whatever, I'm doing it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
You might want to check the size of that vertical tail against your buddy’s plans. It might just be the angle, but the tail looks awfully small for the airplane, and looks like it was recently replaced with a new surface. An awesome gift though, looks like it will be fun!

Last edited:

OliverW

Legendary member
You might want to check the size of that vertical tail against your buddy’s plans. It might just be the angle, but the tail looks awfully small for the airplane, and looks like it was recently replaced with a few surface. An awesome gift though, looks like it will be fun!
The tail was messed up on and goes down a good 3 inches below the bottom of the fuse. It will be interesting that is for sure!

L Edge

Master member
Looks like it will float nicely once it is trimmed out.

Be sure you have enough control surface to account for the dihedral of that large wing. Add a number of rubber bands so the wing doesn't seperate from the body.

Vimana89

Legendary member
The magnum V Sliver flies!!! It could use a bit bigger motor or EDF potentially,it's got enough thrust to cruise around but no excess. It can also eventually use an upgrade to elevons or 4ch. For a plane that big and slender with the RET controls, it actually flies much better than expected. Duch rolls at lower speeds look funny but are harmless,just throttle up and it stops.It is very stable at a brisk cruise with little to no Dutch roll. Basically stall proof. I'll have video soon, and will put decals and stuff on the plane.

Attachments

• IMG_1056.JPG
    IMG_1056.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1057.JPG
    IMG_1057.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0

Vimana89

Legendary member
Here's the big V Sliver, a quick raw clip showing the low speed Dutch roll then cranking up throttle and cruising around nicely for a couple passes and then landing.

Vimana89

Legendary member
I put a couple aesthetic touches(mainly a cockpit decal)and some Velcro to hold the back of my hatch shut rather than tape. Nothing too fancy, I kind of like the simple color scheme for this.

Attachments

• IMG_1058.JPG
    IMG_1058.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1059.JPG
    IMG_1059.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1060.JPG
    IMG_1060.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1061.JPG
    IMG_1061.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Vimana89

Legendary member
That's cool!! What electronics are you running?
Literally the same setup as the smaller Sliver, that's why it has good enough power but not a lot of extra oomph. FT radial 2205, 5x5.5x3 Hulky, 850 mah 3s, FT 20A ESC. Just needed longer/extra extenders. In the future for this size I may use a bigger motor or EDF. Despite its size it still fits on a rack in the garage, and it still hand launches.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Vimana89

Legendary member
Also, I will be increasing the size of the control surfaces on future versions a bit and upping the power. Do you think running it on 4s with the same motor would be good, or should I go 3s or 4s on a larger one?

whackflyer

Master member
Today I revised the rough plans for my KFM4 wing of my own design. They're pretty rough, and you may have to do quite a bit of problem solving on your own, but here they are! Even tho it is an easy build, I would not reccomend it for a beginner, since the plans are not finalized and require a bit of knowledge about how to build FT planes.

Specs:
Wingspan: 28"
Recommended power system: Power pack F,
3s 850 mAh
Channels: 3
Build difficulty: 2
Pilot skill level: 2

Here's a quick build guide-

First, cut out all the parts. You should have the following-

1- main plate
2- middle steps
2- top steps
1- electronics pod
1- electronics pod cover
2- electronics pod doubler
2- winglets
1- mini power pod (not on the plans)

Take the main plate and glue the two middle plates on it. If you feel to, glue in a carbon arrow shaft or skewer in for a spar. I personally do not use one. Next, glue the top plates on. Now open up the elevons, double bevel, and glue seal the hinges. Next do a B fold on the electronics pod. Glue the pod into the main air frame, using the tabs for alignment. Put the electronics pod cover on. This pod goes together much like the Mini Arrow pod. Refer to the build video of the Arrow if needed. Next, install your servos into the wing. Bend your control rods and finish your linkages. Program in about 5mm of reflex. Hook up your electronics, and do your TX setup. Lastly, glue the winglets on.

Feel free to ask questions, but I am not allowed to take photos, so I won't be doing that. Would love to see your builds tho, and feel free to add tips as you come up with them. Happy flying and hope this all makes sense!

Attachments

• Dominator KFm3 v1.3.pdf
    10 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: