FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
IMG_20190912_001624294.jpg
I Startedd a new project. One just for me.

OliverW

Legendary member
It's a solid design, just very small! If you get the CG, weight, thrust angle, and all that right, it should fly.
I got the cg off of a calculator... 1.25" from the trailing edge.. I am gonna put a 2204 on it and a 450 3s and see what happens. I built it in like 20 minutes so if it crashes no biggie.

Vimana89

Legendary member
I got the cg off of a calculator... 1.25" from the trailing edge.. I am gonna put a 2204 on it and a 450 3s and see what happens. I built it in like 20 minutes so if it crashes no biggie.
Now that's a design philosophy I can get behind. Quick and dirty prototype and make it a bit nicer later. Sadly, I put a bit of extra effort in this one and the maiden was good, but she needs a new nose now because I launched with a small structural issue that ripped the wingtip and made it wiggly. This is a much larger build so the crash took out the whole front. Good luck with that little wing, sometimes the quick builds like that maiden surprisingly good.

Attachments

• IMG_1088.JPG
    IMG_1088.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1092.JPG
    IMG_1092.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1093.JPG
    IMG_1093.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1094.JPG
    IMG_1094.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

OliverW

Legendary member
Now that's a design philosophy I can get behind. Quick and dirty prototype and make it a bit nicer later. Sadly, I put a bit of extra effort in this one and the maiden was good, but she needs a new nose now because I launched with a small structural issue that ripped the wingtip and made it wiggly. This is a much larger build so the crash took out the whole front. Good luck with that little wing, sometimes the quick builds like that maiden surprisingly good.
Ugh I get the crashes!!! THEY NEVER STOP!!!!!!

L Edge

Master member
If you mean rates, I am running 105% rates with 15% expo

By modes, I mean a 3 position switch which you can flip to set your limit of deflections to cover the range and trims of a set of manuvers and then change the mode to cover other sets for better accuracy in scoring. Just wondering what the new generation does?

OliverW

Legendary member
By modes, I mean a 3 position switch which you can flip to set your limit of deflections to cover the range and trims of a set of manuvers and then change the mode to cover other sets for better accuracy in scoring. Just wondering what the new generation does?
Yep! My post about rates is the same thing as what you are describing. On foamies I go crazy with rates and on my big birds I dum them down a bit then go and fly it and adjust them to my liking.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Flew my FT Goblin and my FT Racer this morning, along with the maiden of my latest quad based on the TBS Source One frame. Then the wind suddenly came up strong and rough so called it a day.
This afternoon I threw this cutie together with the RC parts taken from my Outlaw 250. That never flew great and this wing comes in at 206 grams all up with a 500mAh 3S. If it fly's well I'll stick the little all in one camera/transmitter for fun FPV.
Oh! With the help of my points I had built up it cost £11.23 delivered from the UK warehouse(y)

Attachments

• IMG_20190914_200630385.jpg
    IMG_20190914_200630385.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
My achievement today was to have one of my students manage his first few solo flights, (Take off, circuit, and land unassisted). Only needed to save the plane twice. First save was due to a sudden loss of orientation too close to the ground and the second was a take off at too low a speed to maintain control, (I only JUST managed to get it down safely).

A good day for him and one less hurdle for us both!

Have fun!

Vimana89

Legendary member
Windy all day,could not maiden the newest '39 PA special, so I built a third nose for the wing of my big RET slender delta...last thing that got it was another freak accident. Let it sit in the heat a while then flew in the heat and a servo came off cause of glue. I did maiden it on Friday the 13th...anyway,bad luck plane=lots of science plane as long as the wing is fixable. New nose will try 6" diameter props!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0