FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Soo how not RC off topic is this. We need to seriously import this brother to Flite Fest just to have him play while the quad junkies do a freestyle competition to what he does. This is amazing percussion work from this dude. Its 4 am and I been listening to what this guy does for like an hour and a half now.

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
So, I acquired a new project yesterday. One of my friends bought a giant collection of airplanes but was only interested in a few of the big turbines and EDFs, and wanted to sell off the rest. One of those planes was the giant LX/Banana Hobby 2 meter B-25 Mitchell. It has been a plane that I’ve wanted for a long time, but the price was always ridiculous. This time, I got it for a price I couldn’t refuse! Glad I didn’t pay full price for it! I ran a wet paper towel over it to remove the layers of dust on the airframe, and most of the paint came off with it! Will be refinishing and painting it up as the CAF’s Miss Mitchell:
BEA4A685-BB95-42C8-BB2C-9261CD01C79F.jpeg

Namactual

Elite member
@PsyBorg
Wow, that is good stuff! His speed and coordination is crazy. I love that bucket he is using. If I closed my eyes I could just as easily thought that was all digital house music. Which I happen to like. (y)

@Delta
Dude, I am insanely jealous. I have been wanting one of those myself. I have been REALLY eyeballing the large F-22 kit from them. I would have bought it already if I had a place to fly something like that. Great find!

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
So, I acquired a new project yesterday. One of my friends bought a giant collection of airplanes but was only interested in a few of the big turbines and EDFs, and wanted to sell off the rest. One of those planes was the giant LX/Banana Hobby 2 meter B-25 Mitchell. It has been a plane that I’ve wanted for a long time, but the price was always ridiculous. This time, I got it for a price I couldn’t refuse! Glad I didn’t pay full price for it! I ran a wet paper towel over it to remove the layers of dust on the airframe, and most of the paint came off with it! Will be refinishing and painting it up as the CAF’s Miss Mitchell:
View attachment 107169
Wow that's a big foamie!

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
That thing looks awesome! If you're coming to FFOHIO that better be with you lol.
I would love to, but I won't be able to make FF Ohio, between the timing and vacation days its not going be practical. Might be able to get it to FF TX if I have enough space in the car though!
@Delta
Dude, I am insanely jealous. I have been wanting one of those myself. I have been REALLY eyeballing the large F-22 kit from them. I would have bought it already if I had a place to fly something like that. Great find!
It was a lucky break, and I still can't believe I found it for the price I did! Beware if you do decide to get that F-22 kit though, LX jets are VERY problematic. I had their F-4 and F-35, and even after weeks of modding, and custom power systems, they still had major issues. The F-35 kit doen't even have a spar! They also need to be kept very light. The LX airplanes really start being nasty at high gross weights. Their F-117 actually flies pretty well simply due to the super low wing loading.

Pigfarm1403

Builder
WOW! How do you guys find people with rc stuff to sell? I would like to increase my arsonel of non diy things but I'm not ready to spend MSRP and I okay with used.

Namactual

Elite member
@Delta
Oh I hear ya. I have a few models from them. The first few I bought ARF's but quickly learned that the KIT was the better buy. When I buy these types of foam planes I figure I am going to have to pretty much build the thing myself anyway. I just use the shell so to speak.
Here is my favorite kit from them...
F22.jpg
I learned how to fly on the ARF version. It was my first RC purchase. The one pictured above was a second one I bought as a kit which I heavily modified and used aftermarket electronics.

Keep us posted on the Mitchell. I can't wait to see that thing finished proper.(y)

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Not really rc but I started my job today, that means I will get money yo buy rc stuff!
My job is glass blower btw, making thermometers for industry so it means I will get to play with mercury and dry ice.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Not really rc but I started my job today, that means I will get money yo buy rc stuff!
My job is glass blower btw, making thermometers for industry so it means I will get to play with mercury and dry ice.

Congrats! Sounds like an interesting line of work - certainly some very neat artistic areas you can explore with the industrial skills you'll be learning too!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Gainful employment baby!!!

No job is a bad job if you didn't have one to start with. I will say though glass blowing sounds like a fun cool job for sure. Just south of where I am one of the worlds largest glass manufacturers is in Corning. They have a glass blowing museum there and do live shows and classes all the time. Really cool place to visit. Actually would not mind another trip down there at some point maybe this summer. Good luck in the new place. I know it probably won't be the hand blowing crafty things I am used to seeing but industrial level skills have their place in the cool factor as well.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Well it is mostly making small series of thermometers on orders, not much heavy equipment so it is mostly manual work. I will post some pictures later probably.

jaredstrees

Didn't get to work on the switchback sport last night. Went flying over the weekend and cartwheeled my tower hobbies p-51 racer red. No major damage, bent retract wire and broken prop. Also tore the rudder hinge a little. Nothing a little TLC couldn't fix. She's a fun plane, but landing is tough on those little wheels and no runway! Everywhere I fly is grass, and most of the time it is rutted as well!

Hopefully tonight I'll get the wing built on my switchback. Of course, the wife could have other plans (read chores) for me.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I went to the AMA field by my house for the first time yesterday and it is beautiful! 27 acres of farm to fly along with a short grass runway that my mini scout can take off of with 1in wheels! I didn't film anything yesterday but I did take a panoramic of the field...

72B9F7C9-8A8B-4F5A-9E63-FFA021F13147.jpeg

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Beta, beta, beta, beta, hardware, openlrs, hack, crack, test, and possibly nuked some hardware. Raining, so couldn't ride or fly, so might as well test and plan some builds.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Rained all day here so I decided it was time for some spring cleaning and rearranged the entire living room as I did so. Now its 1 am.. I feel like a pretzel and I can not get comfortable to do anything productive and certainly not get some rest...

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
We are in our 3rd day of afternoon / evening thunderstorms with 2 more in the forecast. And since our 3 big dogs are absolutely terrified of lightning they want to climb up into bed for safety. And the bed's not that big.

Instead, I've been banished to the guest room to sleep as much as I can with the dogs shaking and whimpering on the bed with me while the wife gets a good nights sleep.

Somehow I will get to lever this into some RC time in the future, but now I'm just stumbling around in a sleep deprived daze. o_O

jaredstrees

Been a week of bad weather here in Florida as well. My dog doesn't like the thunder either. But he's a Pomeranian. So 9 lbs doesn't displace much area!