FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

IcedStorm777

Other than that how does the freewing f-86 fly? Also yay I just hit post #100

I actually flew it very little as it was my first EDF and was buddyboxing with a friend. The first flight was very brief as we didn't throw it hard enough and the nose bent inward. After some glue and epoxy, we went out for a second flight. A couple of things happened before the crash that my friend and i noticed. #1. It is very very touchy out of the box as in the roll rate is insane, pitch isn't so bad. #2 On launch, go full throttle and chuck like a football, this thing needs a TON of speed to get in the air. That being said I am also at 7500 Feet so getting in the air is a little bit harder. Overall i would say that it is a pretty good airplane but it comes with all the pros and cons of swept wing jets. Also, the plane is one of the prettiest planes i have.

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Hit home depot for more rigid foam and started working on the fuselage for my Jart. Made top and side profiles that i can follow. The side profiles be cut using my scroll saw that i converted to hotwire. For the top profile i cut out 2 templates out of aluminum flashing that i can attach to the end of the foam and cut with my hot wire bow. This will be a Lost Foam fuselage when done.
IMG_20181002_062732.jpg IMG_20181002_155858.jpg IMG_20181002_181935.jpg IMG_20181002_181949.jpg IMG_20181004_062236.jpg IMG_20181004_062902.jpg IMG_20181004_062913.jpg

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
HEY ROCKY(boy)!!!
Watch me pull some Maiden outta my hat!!

More rainy day boredom.

This video is unlisted not sure it will even show up here but I'll try anyway.

Awesome! Brings back memories of cruising the drag in beat up pickup trucks trying to find where the party was going down :D

Gets me inspired to pick up the bass again too...

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Made Goblin templates and started cutting foam. Also ordered my Kraken for Flite Fest TX so that is gonna happen.

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
A bit late, but it’s never too late to start a Flite Fest Build! 72 tiled sheets printed, time to start cutting foam!

Attachments

• B36D7800-6314-4237-8FD9-708A7F5E758A.jpeg
    B36D7800-6314-4237-8FD9-708A7F5E758A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

JTarmstr

Elite member
A bit late, but it’s never too late to start a Flite Fest Build! 72 tiled sheets printed, time to start cutting foam!

Hey @F106DeltaDart can you tell me anything of how F-106 models like to fly? I was going to build one but settled on the Viggen because I decided canards would make it easier to handle. I still want to build a F-106 and put dummy AIM-4s on the bottom and paint it up.

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Hey @F106DeltaDart can you tell me anything of how F-106 models like to fly? I was going to build one but settled on the Viggen because I decided canards would make it easier to handle. I still want to build a F-106 and put dummy AIM-4s on the bottom and paint it up.
F-106s, and most canard-less deltas fly very much like a heavier Viggen. The main difference is going to be a more sensitive CG, and slightly less maximum AOA. They are unique and a lot of fun. They can land extremely slow at high angles of attack, and give you a pretty good warning before doing anything nasty. Best description I can give is to point you towards the flight video to the Freewing Mirage:
A 106 will behave similarly, expect a DTFB version would have less wing loading and be capable of even slower flight.
On the design side, be sure to put some reflex (or elevon up-trim) in the design. That reflex is what gives a Delta its pitch stability.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
I got the most brutal hot glue burn of my life last night on the pad of my ring finger. I just couldn't get away from it. :cry: Not bragging. Just saying. Peeled some skin.

JTarmstr

Elite member
I got the most brutal hot glue burn of my life last night on the pad of my ring finger. I just couldn't get away from it. :cry: Not bragging. Just saying. Peeled some skin.

I recently got a burn like that. Lost a lot of skin on my index finger by my fingernail, it hurt really bad for two days after.