FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Finished the Kraken templates and marked about half the foamboard. Should be getting it together in the next 2 or 3 days. I have some LED light strips to put in her. Time to try a little night flying. :cool:

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
I agree! Looks like tons of fun!

I watched it rain all weekend. Sigh. Going to have to sneak some flights in after work, we're gone next weekend and then the holidays start ramping up. Weekends are scare between now and the New Year and there is no way I can wait that long to fly again!

I do have a radicalrc mini stick showing up today, unless it's damaged again. At least I'll get to do something RC!
It was definitely a great day! Not too many of those left in the next 2 months or so. That Mini stick should be a fun project though!

Last edited:

Bricks

Master member
Just printed out the Plans for the Edge put them together and started to cut a little foam.
Tomorrow Wednesday is our indoor fly day we have an indoor soccer field we use it is awesome about 5 basketball courts in one.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Just printed out the Plans for the Edge put them together and started to cut a little foam.
Tomorrow Wednesday is our indoor fly day we have an indoor soccer field we use it is awesome about 5 basketball courts in one.

Cool that you have indoor. What do you fly indoors?

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Well crap! I was thinking about getting my Father one of these for Christmas to learn to fly on.

That's not a bad idea, Bricks. May have to look into that. Also thinking about getting a cover for our pickup. I could build a rack and have room for at least most of the fleet!

Those nnChuck gliders were a big hit. The stang flies the best for sure. kids loved them and they don't take long to cut and build. Thanks Nerdnic!

:cool:

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Piddled with the Kraken some. Built the power pods and nacelles as well as routed the power distribution cable. There are less than 2 hours of work left including the landing gear.

Also got around to doing an autopsy on my failed servo/extension set. The servo was good but one of the extensions was found to have a short causing the failure.

Last edited:

jaredstrees

Made some progress on my mini stick, and got some more pieces printed for the northern pike by localfiend. Also pulled down the APmirage that I completed a bit ago. The power system from my grunjet is going in her this weekend as the grunjet is now a chuck glider for the kiddos. That grunjet was a great flying plane, thanks Grifflyer! Hated breaking her down, but she was starting to get soft around the edges. What a good into to EDF's though.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Updated my ZMR250 quadcopter, video transmitter now a half board on the stack with smart audio, receiver moved to the front of the frame with aerials attached to front arms, super bright status LED and buzzer at the back on a small board.
Looks so much neater and more professional in build.

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Made some progress on my mini stick, and got some more pieces printed for the northern pike by localfiend. Also pulled down the APmirage that I completed a bit ago. The power system from my grunjet is going in her this weekend as the grunjet is now a chuck glider for the kiddos. That grunjet was a great flying plane, thanks Grifflyer! Hated breaking her down, but she was starting to get soft around the edges. What a good into to EDF's though.
Nice! The mirage will be fun! And if anything happens, you can stretch out the nose a bit and call it an F-106 ;).

Over the weekend, I acquired a new project. Thought that I would be done for the year, but I was offered a price I couldn’t refuse.. It’s currently setup for nitro, but I’ll be converting to electric and keeping the clutch installed for a slow scale spoolup.

Attachments

• 9157DCF0-3350-483C-B57A-5763FEAE14AE.jpeg
    9157DCF0-3350-483C-B57A-5763FEAE14AE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

JTarmstr

Elite member
Nice! The mirage will be fun! And if anything happens, you can stretch out the nose a bit and call it an F-106 ;).

Over the weekend, I acquired a new project. Thought that I would be done for the year, but I was offered a price I couldn’t refuse.. It’s currently setup for nitro, but I’ll be converting to electric and keeping the clutch installed for a slow scale spoolup.

Is that a MH 65? i have only seen that type once. looks like a cool build.

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Is that a MH 65? i have only seen that type once. looks like a cool build.
It is! Should be a fun project! Have a few mods planned besides the conversion, possibly a sliding door for battery access, detail the interior, and adding on the rescue hoist.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose

I don't know choppers all that well, but I believe I have flown in that type a time or two going offshore. I always liked those turbine style enclosed tail rotors.

JTarmstr

Elite member
I don't know choppers all that well, but I believe I have flown in that type a time or two going offshore. I always liked those turbine style enclosed tail rotors.

The MH 65 is only operated by the coastguard, its the short range SAR helicopter, for longer or more dangerous missions generally they use MH-60 Jayhawk.

Last edited:

IcedStorm777

If you have a fuselage and then have two edf's one in front of the other and then a thrust tube will that increase airspeed? Random questions that i think of while building planes. Can anyone help?

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
If you have a fuselage and then have two edf's one in front of the other and then a thrust tube will that increase airspeed? Random questions that i think of while building planes. Can anyone help?

Nope - in-line EDFs of the same type won't increase your thrust, the rear unit will not be able to add thrust to the exhaust of the first and the pair will probably produce less thrust than one EDF. If you can get them into the model side by side that would work.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
No that wouldn't increase airspeed you'd be better off putting two edf's side by side in separate thrust tubes.

EDIT: Same thing as Damo said I guess I was typing at the same time as him.