FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Here’s a picture, as you can see, scout like, but not quite.
image.jpg

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Mine is not a normal mini scout. (Actually all that’s left that is original scout is the tail, which even that is 93%) This is (was) a 22inch (now 24) span, a one-half inch square by 16inch long balsa stick for the fuse and 93% scout tail. All paper is removed from the foam, tape being used for the hinges and folds. All of this is powered by an 1106 on 2s and 2 5gram servos. An added bonus for this plane is that it takes only an hour tops to build, electronics can be added in 15 minutes. If you take my advice you’ll build one, I love it.
If only I had a 1106 motor....

IcedStorm777

On the EDF i am building i am trying to figure out where to put the inlets. Should i put the back of the inlet 1" from the front of the EDF or closer to 6" from the EDF? Is there a calculation for this? Thanks!

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
On the EDF i am building i am trying to figure out where to put the inlets. Should i put the back of the inlet 1" from the front of the EDF or closer to 6" from the EDF? Is there a calculation for this? Thanks!
It doesn't really matter how far away the inlet is from the EDF as long as the air has a smooth passage without any abrupt changes on its way to the EDF. The exhaust however, should at least be as far away as 4x the fan diameter.

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Okay, let's try this, I'm going to try to add plans for the scout-stick on here, let's see if I can figure this out.

EDIT: BTW, you have to have google sketchup to open these plans.

Attachments

• scout-stick.zip
    13 KB · Views: 0

Mode 1

FInally got my QX7
View attachment 121218

I also re-purposed the foam box into a carrying box

Congrats on the new radio. My son and I moved to Qx7's from spectrum this fall. Great radios. Are you familiar with OpenTX?
If not check out this playlist from Painless360. Most anything you'll ever need to know about programming your radio.

Captain Video

Hey Folks:
I like your launcher! Could you show some video of its operation and construction? Perhaps include its dimensions. And the plane sizes it can accommodate?

Mode 1

i have 2 of those wolfwhoop 200mW. just make sure u run a big enough 1S to power your whole flight, or rig up to run off balance plug on main battery (prefered).

me :cool:

What size 1s do you recommend? I bought 220's w/o knowing anything about FPV or the camera and they seem to die pretty quick.

IcedStorm777

What size 1s do you recommend? I bought 220's w/o knowing anything about FPV or the camera and they seem to die pretty quick.

I use 150's and they give me 10-15 minutes of solid FPV signal, i think it has more to do with the C's (though i am not positive). I have to 150's with different C ratings and the one with higher C rating usually seems to give me more flight time although i could just be imagining it.

IcedStorm777

Anyone have any good ideas or recommendations for FT legacy paint schemes? I just can't decide on one. Thanks, also does FT have any plans for FT legacy floats?

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I was doing some more flight testing with my glider using the flight controller and long range system and I had an issue

It probably crashed going close to 100kph (I got 94kph on level flight the previous flight) and the only damage is one aileron that ripped off so I can say that this airframe is solid.

The reason of the crash is that the fpv feed was kinda crap, the video was rather grayish and distorded by the canopy so I didnt see the ground.

jaredstrees

I was doing some more flight testing with my glider using the flight controller and long range system and I had an issue

It probably crashed going close to 100kph (I got 94kph on level flight the previous flight) and the only damage is one aileron that ripped off so I can say that this airframe is solid.

The reason of the crash is that the fpv feed was kinda crap, the video was rather grayish and distorded by the canopy so I didnt see the ground.
Ouch. at least it was minimal, and it wasn't a tree.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Can a thrust tube be square or must it be circular?
If you are talking about a thrust tube for an EDF then yes. It can be square, as long as your exit area is around 80-85% FSA. Although since the square tube will have hard corners some turbulence will occur which will cause you to lose a bit of thrust, I don't think you will lose enough to make a difference in flight.

Whatever you do post your results!!