FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

Vimana89

Legendary member
Today I made a HUUUUUGE mistake and browsed the RC Groups Classifieds section in a moment of boredom.

So now I have another balsa kit on the way - a Clancy Aviation Turbo Bee :D

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sho...ncy-Aviation-Turbo-Bee-Short-Kit#post41538247

Will look something like this when it's done :D

a12492-201-turbo%20beeski.jpg
That's a sweet design. I imagine it would handle a bit like the funjet on Multiflight but a little pitchier.

Piotrsko

Master member
Been working on an old zagi combat I have, charged it, went and flew it, first time in 15 years just down the street at the high school. Suprised I remembered how, even more suprised the slope worked. Means I have a flying site again

Vimana89

Legendary member
In nasty wind, in a foul mood, with kinda sloppy elevons once again...I launched my slender delta, not expecting much. The thrust angle still also leaves a bit to be desired. The plane began to fly and had a couple of crashes and dings, but looked more promising than expected. With the wind picking up, I gave it a last launch with full concentration and a feel for its handling qualities and imperfections. I kept it down pretty low and slow, but got some good range, and a couple sloppy banks. I gave it some juice and elevator to bring it back around and land, and did sort of an Immelmann by accident, but when she came out she was heading back nice and straight my way on a slight high alpha. Here's my plane with scrapes and dings, ready to go back out when the wind dies down. The top hatch is lazy-a piece of poster board scotch taped on because I didn't expect much. No cockpit decal or other adornments yet, and maybe not till a more polished version. All in all, massive progress!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

IcedStorm777

Hi all is it at possible to 3d print EDF's? I am hoping to only have to buy an EDF motor as aposed to a EDF motor+EDF frame. Anyone know of a used or reliable 70mm EDF design? If so what motor would you reccomend with that/a 70mm EDF. Thank you!

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Hi all is it at possible to 3d print EDF's? I am hoping to only have to buy an EDF motor as aposed to a EDF motor+EDF frame. Anyone know of a used or reliable 70mm EDF design? If so what motor would you reccomend with that/a 70mm EDF. Thank you!
Fluburtur did a 3D printed EDF a while back, with success maybe you could ask him for some advice.

But if you want something you know will work, the FMS EDF's have really good quality.

Wildthing

Legendary member
I think by the time you buy all the other parts , motor, collet and impeller I don't think you will be any farther ahead then buying a complete unit.

IcedStorm777

what prop would you use on these motors?
1350KVI 2826 motors

am hoping to make a two engine really fast plane.

Also if i have two 18Amp esc's and a 25Amp esc, would it be better to run one 18 amp and one 25amp or just two 18Amp's?

Also if i was going for power not speed what props would you reccomend?

Wildthing

Legendary member
what prop would you use on these motors?
1350KVI 2826 motors

am hoping to make a two engine really fast plane.

Also if i have two 18Amp esc's and a 25Amp esc, would it be better to run one 18 amp and one 25amp or just two 18Amp's?

Also if i was going for power not speed what props would you reccomend?

First you want two identical esc's period otherwise you may not even make it of the ground, matched counter rotating props also, both motors have to pull equally. The smaller the esc the smaller and less pitch your prop will have to be. If you have a watt meter you can test different sizes of props to make sure you are not drawing to much. I have a 2836 PropDrive V2 1400kv motor and with a 40A esc on 3S I am spinning a 10X5 prop. Huge thrust and good speed but it could be overkill for your plane, this is one of mine with that combination, https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/what-did-you-fly-today.57878/post-466671