FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
That's cool Nate! I'd like one of those. And I could baffle my brother with it (a surfer).
Heres the jpg i exported to use on the cricut design studio

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 0

IcedStorm777

I am using a 30Amp ESC and a 2207 1700kv motor. Could this handle 4s? If i am trying to get this plane to go REALLY fast what prop would warrent the best success? a 5x4 four blade, a 5x4.8 three blade, a 5.5x4.5 two blade, or a 7x5 two blade? Any other suggestions?

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I am using a 30Amp ESC and a 2207 1700kv motor. Could this handle 4s? If i am trying to get this plane to go REALLY fast what prop would warrent the best success? a 5x4 four blade, a 5x4.8 three blade, a 5.5x4.5 two blade, or a 7x5 two blade? Any other suggestions?
I’m using a 30 amp esc with my 2205 on 4s with a 5x3 prop. I think that you’re esc will be fine because mine barely gets warm when running close to full throttle (it barely gets any cooling too).

Vimana89

Legendary member
Waiting on 550 lipos. Going to inventory my foam and see if I have a sheet unwarped enough to make a wing for my next RETjet, which will test canards. @Mr. Gandalf 's Scout experiences are really begging me to build my mini Scout kit, as I've been meaning too for a while, but I've been making so much rapid headway with my own designs I figure I'll focus on that for the most part for now until I get one where I want it. I finished up my slender delta AET. Depending on weather and the mail system, I may end up maidening with one of the 550s or I may dare and 850, as this bird is just a bit bigger than the RETjet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Hi @IcedStorm777, I’m not sure about which prop to use, but if you tell me what motor you’re using I can try to help. Also, I think that a kfm foil has more drag but I’ll check.
Edit: I just checked and it does create more drag.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Also what would provide more drag and be slower a KFM airfoil or a normal airfoil?
A KFM will create more drag, how slow you're able to fly depends on the airfoil shape, and wing size.
I would use the 5.5x4.5 two blade, the more blades you add the more drag you will create.

IcedStorm777

Do you think a almost exact replica of the FT arrow would be fast on the 2207 1700kv motor with the 5.5x4.5? I am hoping to hit some high speeds.

IcedStorm777

30Amp is the highest ESC i have. As far as motors go i could also run the said motor, a flitetest radial 1806 2280kv or i could run a 2627 4500kv motor that i removed from a EDF. The reason i didn't want to run the 4500kv motor is i don't know if it can handle a 5.5x4.5 prop and i want decently long flight times and i don't know if i can get that with the 2627 motor. What are some reccomendations that would be FAST but also have decently long flight times?

Wildthing

Legendary member
30Amp is the highest ESC i have. As far as motors go i could also run the said motor, a flitetest radial 1806 2280kv or i could run a 2627 4500kv motor that i removed from a EDF. The reason i didn't want to run the 4500kv motor is i don't know if it can handle a 5.5x4.5 prop and i want decently long flight times and i don't know if i can get that with the 2627 motor. What are some reccomendations that would be FAST but also have decently long flight times?

LOL, you want speed or fuel mileage?

Do you have a watt meter? If so mount that motor onto something solid, start testing with the least amount (smallest dia and pitch) of prop you got checking amps each time along with temperature of the motor and esc. You could do that with the radial motor also and then if you have a 4S battery you can start the test all over. ;) I think a big part of your limitation will be the esc.

IcedStorm777

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Ok so i don't have a watt meter i want speed but i don't want to have only 3 min flights, it would be nice if i could at least get 6-7 minute flights. The 30A esc is what came with the motor. Here are the electronics:
https://www.motionrc.com/products/freewing-2627-4500kv-brushless-outrunner-motor

https://www.motionrc.com/products/freewing-30a-esc

So do you think i could run a 5.5x4.5 prop on this motor and if so what flight time/ how fast do you think i could get?
I wouldn't run that motor on that prop, I think you'd get the best of both worlds (flight time and speed) with the 2207

Wildthing

Legendary member
Ok so i don't have a watt meter i want speed but i don't want to have only 3 min flights, it would be nice if i could at least get 6-7 minute flights. The 30A esc is what came with the motor. Here are the electronics:
https://www.motionrc.com/products/freewing-2627-4500kv-brushless-outrunner-motor

https://www.motionrc.com/products/freewing-30a-esc

So do you think i could run a 5.5x4.5 prop on this motor and if so what flight time/ how fast do you think i could get?

I believe I have a couple of those and they won't spin a larger prop, more then likely go up in smoke right away.