FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

Vimana89

Legendary member
Too windy to try my new quad or fly anything, so I suppose I'll finish building my mini scout and possibly start experimenting with some components of my Dash 8. I have decided on motors. I want to size down a bit to FT radial 1806. They have a choice of lock nut or bullet cap(which I prefer), they will allow my to keep the nacelles less bulky and lighter, and more scale. If I used those 2205 or 2806 sized motors and 2 inch firewalls, I'd either have really bulky too big for scale nacelles, or I'd have to scale the fuselage ,and as a consequence ,the entire plane up really big. The 5x4x6 props I plan to use have a list of motors they are recommended for and 1806 is on the list👍. I will use a 2200 50c 3s battery like I'd originally planned. I don't think it should end up too heavy.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Too windy to try my new quad or fly anything, so I suppose I'll finish building my mini scout and possibly start experimenting with some components of my Dash 8. I have decided on motors. I want to size down a bit to FT radial 1806. They have a choice of lock nut or bullet cap(which I prefer), they will allow my to keep the nacelles less bulky and lighter, and more scale. If I used those 2205 or 2806 sized motors and 2 inch firewalls, I'd either have really bulky too big for scale nacelles, or I'd have to scale the fuselage ,and as a consequence ,the entire plane up really big. The 5x4x6 props I plan to use have a list of motors they are recommended for and 1806 is on the list👍. I will use a 2200 50c 3s battery like I'd originally planned. I don't think it should end up too heavy.
Scratch that 1806 Idea. Probably going to rock the 2806 motors EDIT-never mind that. Did the math to scale the plane and it would be enormous. 1806 motors allow me to scale down to about a 750-770mm length and slightly shorter wingspan(going with q400 model). Which allows a fuselage and wing in one piece from a single sheet length. I'm not sure how heavy this 2200 mah battery will be for this build but I'll try it.

Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Today in RC I finished my GeeBee Dreamer Biplane project! :D

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/gee-bee-dreamer-bipe.57753/

230081_cf033a854c8ec700a9c3c333e93361f4.jpg

Vimana89

Legendary member
Seems like finally a good day to fly. I'm going to warm up a bit with my blue bugs 3 quad and then figure out my new Potensic D80. I got some fresh 650 tattu batteries to run in my home builds which still need more thorough testing with the six blade props

Vimana89

Legendary member
Wind picking up a bit but not enough to stop me flying. This old wreck is still flying like a boss, even in a bit of wind and with all the battle scars. I think I like the Tattu 650 75c best. It runs about six minutes and weighs an ounce or so lighter than my 850s(7-8 min) and a half ounce lighter than my 550s(4-5 min). 5x4x6 runs ridiculously quiet compared to the howling, wailing 5.5x5x3 props, not noticing a marked increase or decrease in thrust. I think I'll stick with this battery and prop as my recommended for the design. This plane is just so much fun to fly and makes a great park flyer. Another great thing, you can toss it in the trunk or lay it across the back seat without disassembling anything.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Mr. Gandalf

Elite member
I got out and flew my mmArrow for the third time, but this go around the crash was really bad.:(

1558739921935.png 1558740061622.png

I crashed in the grass but my battery is a little crumpled, it didn't get hot or anything. So should I get rid of it or is it safe to use?

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
been delayed by work, servos, and motor.

thankfully, today was last day i have to work until august 5th, i got my metal gear servos in the mail a day early, and my motor should be here soon. if i get impatient i will just steal the one i put in @Rasterize 's Corsair. ;)

20190524_174753.jpg

here's to a great summer of flight! (y)

laters,

me :cool:

Vimana89

Legendary member
Today is windy again. Waiting for a better day to test my Potensic D80 quad. I've finished ordering all parts for my upcoming dash 8 build! If I get around to it today, I'll finally finish my mini Scout. I really only need to do linkages and electronics and attach the main wing and power pod. Other than that, I will have my hands full with the dash 8 build and rebuild of my RET deltas. After that phase of everything is complete, I have a really funky reverse delta wing idea I may try because it's a simple single engine prop in slot build, but my next really serious endeavor after the Dash will be in the area of micro EDF jets.

Tench745

Master member
Playing with the small Spirit today. Testing paint samples and rigging up a head-mount for my camera; I'm tired of not having video of maiden flights.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hey! Is that the bass you wete putting together? Guess I need to go find the thread and catch up.

Sounds pretty good for a garage recording. I miss those days hehe.

But check you out with the groupies already. 😁😉