FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

Piotrsko

Master member
UPDATE: this flew like crap. Anhedral wing just wanted to invert and be completely unstable all the time, not just when I wanted it to. The shape will fly, but probably with normal dihedrals. That would certainly look cool, but maybe not fly so much different or unique from a Flyer or Nutball.

Take a tip from the martain ftfc20 and add a nose dorsal rudder. Camouflage it to look like a big greenhouse canopy

duckduckgoose

Today,I got a taste of low level proximity flying with my modified twin boom ft goblin. It's looking a little beat up but it flies like a dream! I'm usually more of a fan of slow flying planes but this plane has me liking speed and agility. It probably flies just like the original goblin but I just got sick of repairing the fuselage attached to the wing, and also I like twin booms! It managed snap rolls, loops and even sustained inverted flight with ease! I flew it 3 times without problems getting more daring each time. Still working on graceful landings though! I used an eachine tx02 fpv cam with impressed me with its range for such a small camera. PS I only remembered to start recording halfway through the flight
IMG_20190901_210943_676.jpg
Screenshot_20190903-025827.png

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Took the Tiny Trainer out of mothballs, fixed some extensive hanger rash and flew 7 batts with her. Why? I've had a little residual phobia about inverted flight and wanted to show her how little regard I had for her well being! 😎

I didn't fly very low, but I did fly about 25% of the time inverted. Came home in one piece.

20190903_111508.jpg

Vimana89

Legendary member
Trying an easier version of the low aspect reverse delta. This will be tailless with regular dihedrals. This can be made from a single sheet very easily. I noticed using my 12a ESCs in 3s has led to some problems, and I've got some good 2s batteries laying around. After running my Popular Aviation Special proto with 12a on 2s and up propping a bit, I'm a fan of the 1806 on 2s as well as 3. I've got a nice 2s 1000mAh for this project that I've had almost as long as I've been building but never used. Should run great with 5x3x3 props.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0

Vimana89

Legendary member
Even with some changes, the reverse delta was still crap. It was worth a couple tries, but Now it's time to focus on my FTFC20 entries. My next build project will either be a nicer more polished version of my RET 1939 Popular Aviation Special, or a version of that with ailerons.

Vimana89

Legendary member
This baby on the other hand is great! This is the 1939 Popular Aviation Special prototype for FTFC20. The prototype has a few quirks like too much dihedral,but flies great, and loves 5x4.5x2 bullnose props on 2s. This entire mighty mini sized plane can be made from one sheet of foam, requires no advanced techniques, and has amazing potential for an easy, modular trainer that grows with the pilot. Its gentle, high aspect delta wing performs much like a good straight wing but without the finickiness. This requires no advanced airfoil, and stalls are super gentle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: