FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
was a fun day flying, wicked cross wind, but that just added to the flavor. as we say at our club, "A real pilot can handle that..." :LOL:

also a productive day on the build front.

did some work on my mini-guinea, got the 2 ESC back in time. kinda hard to fly a twin when 1 motor goes to up to 10 and the other to 2. :sneaky:

finally finished my rebuild of the FT Explorer. for an FPV/Camera/Video platform this thing is exactly what the doctor order, and for cheap.

20191109_160436.jpg

also got the paint sprayed on the Demon. pretty happy with it. this is not my first time using balsa and CA, but you would think as much as i glued my fingers together so far. :rolleyes:

20191109_160757.jpg

20191109_162220.jpg

next, do i finish the Pun Jet that we want to drop out of @Rasterize 's Guinea Pig? start a new mini 3D build? or, stop stalling and finish the Demon? :unsure:

laters,

me :cool:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
was a fun day flying, wicked cross wind, but that just added to the flavor. as we say at our club, "A real pilot can handle that..." :LOL:

also a productive day on the build front.

did some work on my mini-guinea, got the 2 ESC back in time. kinda hard to fly a twin when 1 motor goes to up to 10 and the other to 2. :sneaky:

finally finished my rebuild of the FT Explorer. for an FPV/Camera/Video platform this thing is exactly what the doctor order, and for cheap.

View attachment 147629

also got the paint sprayed on the Demon. pretty happy with it. this is not my first time using balsa and CA, but you would think as much as i glued my fingers together so far. :rolleyes:

View attachment 147630

View attachment 147631

next, do i finish the Pun Jet that we want to drop out of @Rasterize 's Guinea Pig? start a new mini 3D build? or, stop stalling and finish the Demon? :unsure:

laters,

Finish the demon!!!:D

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well Annie got a motor transplant. Went from a Turnigy D2826/10 1400kv to a D3530/14 1100KV motor, let's see if she has a little more grunt to it spinning the 10X5 prop. :)

2019_1118_083033_001.JPG
2019_1118_083037_002.JPG
2019_1118_085944_001.JPG

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
262954_3453f6441e3071bbd605065350c943bc.jpg

super happy so far. beginning print of wing and last of the silver sections. will switch to "silky orange" for the mid wing and tail sections.

laters,

Wildthing

Legendary member
Printing off the new replacement Spitfire, ran out of black filament so I figured for perspective let's give it a red left wing tip. Thoughts ??? Not sure if I like it myself and I do have more black showing up tomorrow.
2019_1121_111724_001.JPG

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I have been working quietly with a handful of others testing the "next" iteration of Tri-Flight, based on BetaFlight 4.1. Have yet to get any air time, but the preliminary bench testing is going well. Had to dust off my *flight skills since I have mostly been flying dRonin firmware.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I realized that a while back I was given a bunch of planes and various rc plane hardware including a bunch of nitro engines.
One of them is a very nice fiberglass cessna, I would just have to make new foam wings for it and slap my 25 size nitro engine in it and it would work just fine, I just need to get fuel and tubing/tanks.

Also considering the fact im currently working on getting a runway setup, that could be fun.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
The engines that I currently have in a box
DSC_3589.JPG
From left to right: OS max 35, magnum GP 25, AP 06 and unknown little thing.
They all seem in working order exept the 25 that has a broken fuel needle but I have spare parts so it is an easy fix.
I need to get some tubing and fuel tanks but I think I will try to revive the 06 first and put it in a flying wing, as I said the 25 will probably go into the cessna and the 35 probably in a VG-33.
DSC_3591.JPG

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
@thenated0g Hiya mate long time no see welcome back. Hows things out your way

@Fluburtur Hit them with some after run oil if they have been sitting a long time and free them up by hand before jumping in and starting them up. The bearings and sleeves dry up and a cold start with no lubrication makes for a really bad day. Speaking of I need to hit my OFNA motor in my franken truck and give that a few spins again so that doesn't get flat spots from sitting dormant.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
@PsyBorg actually they all turn by hand already, I already gave them some oil a while back too so that shouldnt be too much of an issue.
Im not in too much of a hury with those anyways, I have other stuff to work out before I try to start them.