FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
I wonder how long it will take till you have to register a bowling ball
Here in California you need to get a background check to buy ammo. Not just a gun mind you, ammo. I worked in airsoft for a while too and the amount of paperwork the state requires to sell a toy gun is ridiculous. Honestly the only difference between buying a real gun and a toy gun in this state is the background check and 30 day waiting period. That's one of the biggest reasons why I stopped airsofting, is how overregulated it is here. I got into RC partly thinking "why no one will ever want to ban a toy airplane!" Six months later here we are. It's always one idiot ruining it for everyone else, then the government gets involved.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Here in California you need to get a background check to buy ammo. Not just a gun mind you, ammo. I worked in airsoft for a while too and the amount of paperwork the state requires to sell a toy gun is ridiculous. Honestly the only difference between buying a real gun and a toy gun in this state is the background check and 30 day waiting period. That's one of the biggest reasons why I stopped airsofting, is how overregulated it is here. I got into RC partly thinking "why no one will ever want to ban a toy airplane!" Six months later here we are. It's always one idiot ruining it for everyone else, then the government gets involved.
Graded on a curve given I live in Canada its not as bad, it's nothing if you keep it under 250g's. But like anything else I have to support your situation, cuz once it happens there it's just a matter of time for us here. I am just going to FUTR, become an outlaw I guess

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Hawaii :)
2020-02-11.jpeg

synjin

Elite member
Again, not today but yesterday. Had the parts in a box, and though I was sick, between naps I finished the build. It’s mostly the UAVFutures 2018 $99 build...kind of. I’m not really a quad pilot and it’s snowy, so I wonder how long it will take to disappear. I may need to put a buzzer on it. A really loud buzzer.
366FD8CB-C757-4FD2-946B-C5E6F59AF028.jpeg

basslord1124

Master member
Just watched the FT C130 episode...just awesome! John Overstreet did a killer job!

Been pretty grounded here. Aside from being busy with other life stuff, our area has been saturated for probably over a week now. Some areas are now starting to see flooding. First we got a little bit of snow, and then it switched to rain and been doing that ever since. :mad:

But I've also been doing some plane repairs...KFM Wing, FT Seaduck, etc so not doing too bad I suppose.

ScratchBuildMast

Elite member
Just watched the FT C130 episode...just awesome! John Overstreet did a killer job!

Been pretty grounded here. Aside from being busy with other life stuff, our area has been saturated for probably over a week now. Some areas are now starting to see flooding. First we got a little bit of snow, and then it switched to rain and been doing that ever since. :mad:

But I've also been doing some plane repairs...KFM Wing, FT Seaduck, etc so not doing too bad I suppose.
I won't be able to fly for the next week or so...

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Again, not today but yesterday. Had the parts in a box, and though I was sick, between naps I finished the build. It’s mostly the UAVFutures 2018 $99 build...kind of. I’m not really a quad pilot and it’s snowy, so I wonder how long it will take to disappear. I may need to put a buzzer on it. A really loud buzzer. View attachment 157780
I used that frame for a build - it's really strong!