FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
paint is done. top is obviously high glow yellow, bottom is satin black just like my balsa Deamon.

View attachment 162926

i also just realized i had not posted this yet. pizza box wing with a kingkong 1306-3100kv, 4x3x4.5 prp, 6A esc, 3S-300mah.

View attachment 162927

CG is not really posted anywhere that i could find. i tried to calculate in ecalc but did not agree with their numbers. first flight was wild, i could fly it but it did some funky things. i moved CG back and inch and tried again. this time it was much better. flight was cut short due to ESC overheating. so, i brought home and put the esc on top , outside of the wing, and glued the weights on. flew sunday and it was perfect. fun little wing and pretty quick. i would estimate 60+ mph.

still got 37 sheets of foam board left. what to do next....

laters,

me :cool:
You should build an overambitious monster 5-foot warbird, run it off a heavily overpropped C-Pack on an 80a ESC, put nearly 1 1/2 pounds of steel weight in the nose for balance and then tip stall it on its first takeoff and total the whole thing. See how many times you can get it to cartwheel, the record's two. Bonus points for complicated and intricate paint jobs.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Wow that really is pretty! I gotta make me a P-47 - I have the plans printed and I started taping the tiled pages together but never finished. Now @Rasterize you were wondering how those smaller decals would look on a P-47... :sneaky:

Dude, tiling and taping up a P47 huh? That's dedication right there. (y)
I cheat....
P47 Plans Proof.jpg

:LOL:
I was thinking on posting the decals on 7 letter sized sheet. Only issue was the "olive drab" background color will not match every paint job.
But these are more to scale.
SNAFU Decal Proof.jpg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Dude, tiling and taping up a P47 huh? That's dedication right there. (y)
I cheat....
View attachment 162961
:LOL:
I was thinking on posting the decals on 7 letter sized sheet. Only issue was the "olive drab" background color will not match every paint job.
But these are more to scale.
View attachment 162962
Lol, I'm getting a needle cutter here so hopefully I don't have to finish up the tiling job. I got through the Corsair and P-38 though! 😅 I think I'll go with the same paint scheme because it turned out sooo nice!

PoorManRC

Master member
You should build an overambitious monster 5-foot warbird, run it off a heavily overpropped C-Pack on an 80a ESC, put nearly 1 1/2 pounds of steel weight in the nose for balance and then tip stall it on its first takeoff and total the whole thing. See how many times you can get it to cartwheel, the record's two. Bonus points for complicated and intricate paint jobs.
...... Now THAT I would pay good money to see!!! 😆😂😆😂
IF I had any.
I had mentioned earlier that my ONLY Radio took a complete CRAP, so all flying is DOA. 😖😞😞
I feel like I'm disappointing the 4 People who have waited patiently for my modified Baby Blender, Scout and Storch...

But thanks to runaway Corona-HYSTERIA induced Inflation - and my tiny Disability Pay, we can seriously barely EAT. 😖

So a new Radio and at least 4 Recievers is so far out of the question, I'm essentially grounded until I can FINALLY get my inheritance. (Who knows when) 💔😭

But I'll still be excited for you Guys and your new toys! 😊 I'm subscribed to several Threads, so I keep getting reminders to check in.
My good Friends - stay SAFE Guys!!

OliverW

Legendary member
IF I had any.
I had mentioned earlier that my ONLY Radio took a complete CRAP, so all flying is DOA. 😖😞😞
I feel like I'm disappointing the 4 People who have waited patiently for my modified Baby Blender, Scout and Storch...

But thanks to runaway Corona-HYSTERIA induced Inflation - and my tiny Disability Pay, we can seriously barely EAT. 😖

So a new Radio and at least 4 Recievers is so far out of the question, I'm essentially grounded until I can FINALLY get my inheritance. (Who knows when) 💔😭

But I'll still be excited for you Guys and your new toys! 😊 I'm subscribed to several Threads, so I keep getting reminders to check in.
I really wish that I could help. It kills me to see a fellow pilot being grounded.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
IF I had any.

Shoot! Is all you need a receiver?

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
...which I totally haven't done myself...

PoorManRC

Master member
Shoot! Is all you need a receiver?
I wish.... The Transmitter! 😖😞
It's an OLD FlySky FS6T Radio. No point in replacing last Decade's technology.
The best I could find was a Tactic 6 channel for $80.... And THAT only comes with one Reciever, so I'd need at least 2 more.
I've got $7.50 out of the $10 I got for my Birthday.
It will be a while. 😞

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I wish.... The Transmitter! 😖😞
It's an OLD FlySky FS6T Radio. No point in replacing last Decade's technology.
The best I could find was a Tactic 6 channel for $80.... And THAT only comes with one Reciever, so I'd need at least 2 more.
I've got $7.50 out of the $10 I got for my Birthday.
It will be a while. 😞

FlySky radios - especially their new ones - are good solid options. I know several people using them happily and we re-distribute these as club donations when we get them. And the new ones are backwards compatible with their older receivers too. And I happen to know where an extra one is I can get shipped to you today - I'll PM for your address.

Happy birthday! :D

leaded50

Legendary member
your old Flysky FS6T is still possible use. Just remember Flysky have 2 different 2.4ghz reciver systems: AFHDS , or AFHDS 2. On radios some do both , others not. AFHDS 2 is newest system.

I have an old Fs CT6BT (no digital screen) can connect only to AFHDS recivers.
My Fs-i6 can connect to both types.
My Fs- i6S can connect only to AFHDS 2 recivers.
Check yours!

Difference in recivers (here as 6ch)
Fs - R6B is only AFHDS
Fs - iA6B is AFHDS 2.

Attachments

• Flysky_Fs_R6B.png
    Flysky_Fs_R6B.png
    161.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Flysky_Fs_iA6B.png
    Flysky_Fs_iA6B.png
    184.7 KB · Views: 0

PoorManRC

Master member
your old Flysky FS6T is still possible use. Just remember Flysky have 2 different 2.4ghz reciver systems: AFHDS , or AFHDS 2. On radios some do both , others not. AFHDS 2 is newest system.

I have an old Fs CT6BT (no digital screen) can connect only to AFHDS recivers.
My Fs-i6 can connect to both types.
My Fs- i6S can connect only to AFHDS 2 recivers.
Check yours!

Difference in recivers (here as 6ch)
Fs - R6B is only AFHDS
Fs - iA6B is AFHDS 2.
They're the R6B...
The Transmitter itself is dead.

But a Birthday Blessing has saved the day!! 👍👍