FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
sometimes it IS all about who you know... :sneaky:

20200530_133306.jpg

all i can say is it's nice to have friends like @Rasterize. i asked him to make the changes i wanted to the Legacy wing and provide a nice, pretty, printable version for others. he did not disappoint. if it wasn't for my mistakes he would have nailed it first version.

then printing for me and not having to tile, priceless. :LOL:

thanks man. (y)

me :cool:

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
sometimes it IS all about who you know... :sneaky:
all i can say is it's nice to have friends like @Rasterize. i asked him to make the changes i wanted to the Legacy wing and provide a nice, pretty, printable version for others. he did not disappoint. if it wasn't for my mistakes he would have nailed it first version. Then printing for me and not having to tile, priceless. :LOL:
Thanks man. (y)
me :cool:

Got your plan modifying, large format printing back bro! ;) :cool:

whackflyer

Master member
View attachment 170439
Finished an FT Arrow today, but it's so windy that it almost took off trying to take this picture so maiden'll be tomorrow. I've got a mighty mini power pod and I'm not afraid to stuff it in as many planes as possible! I think the Sparrow's next. Can you just take BBQ skewers through it like you would any other mighty mini?
Sadly the Sparrows pod is different. Extend the nose at least 2 inches so you can get CG.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Sadly the Sparrows pod is different. Extend the nose at least 2 inches so you can get CG.
Oh yeah, that’s right. It would be pretty easy to mod though. I ended up having to add a ton of nose weight to mine. It flew but had to fly super fast. I used a 1000 mah 3s and a 1500 mah 2s both all up in the nose just to get it to balance. I think I put my servos a little farther back so that didn’t help anything.

kuhlrunner

Oh yeah, that’s right. It would be pretty easy to mod though. I ended up having to add a ton of nose weight to mine. It flew but had to fly super fast. I used a 1000 mah 3s and a 1500 mah 2s both all up in the nose just to get it to balance. I think I put my servos a little farther back so that didn’t help anything.
These are some great tips, thanks so much. I think I'll be able to modify the rear section to be able to hold a swappable power pod, and I'll be sure to give it some more nose. I had no idea it had all those problems with CG.