FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

Vimana89

Legendary member
Plans are coming tomorrow. It's super simple, and has a really wide flight range. I fly mine off an F-pack with a 1300 3s, but it can easily handle an 850. You could also run an a pack on it as a really light weight setup, but I think it would get blown away in the wind. @Vimana89 , what do you think? You're the delta kind after all lol View attachment 172819
For a 3ch, basic delta setup you couldn't have done much better. That should fly a lot like my Vulcan, maybe even a bit better with the twin vertical stabilizers(y)

Zetoyoc

Elite member
I flew 5 planes today. Several flights each. Only 3, maybe 4 will fly again. :) It was a good day.
IMG_20200624_141859_resize_37.jpg

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I have a pair of CB radios and I have been trying to get them to talk to each other but no luck yet, I can talk one way but not the other.
When I tx with one, I get good signal on the other one (as good as AM gets thats is) but when I TX with the other I get white noise at the receiving ends, this indicates that it is doing something but I dont know what and I would like to solve that issue.

Vimana89

Legendary member
I have to make the big order for new supplies I've been planning on for a while...but also, I did find I have a few sticks of glue left and enough foam to build something relatively simple. Best bet with the existing supplies will probably be something tailless, but I may be able to get away with a box fuselage/tailed plane if I keep it small and simple.

I've had this idea for a crescent/ C shaped flying wing, I might give that a try. Other than that, something delta or nutbally might be fun. I'll be sure to share.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Got one of these Taranis-Spek hack boards and forked out a couple extra bucks for the spek module. Popped it in and bound up to my original Inductrix no problem! SCORE! Need to fire up the 3D printer and throw a proper pigtail on it, then test it at the field.

DSMXhack.jpg

Still waiting on one of the multiprotocol boards. It will be interesting to compare the range between a genuine Spectrum TX module and the multi board. Should be able to dump all the other misc TXes... OOOOO, and I'll have to try the multiprotocol with the Traxis too.

Cheers!
LitterBug

EDIT: does appear I have to bind to the inductrix every time I power cycle the frsky though..... More research to be done.
EDIT2: DX5e is a single model tx. Probably have to bind every time with this module. Will have to try other modules too.

Final Edit: Model match DOES work, you just can't specify a model# > 20.

Last edited:

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
can you say BAJA baby!!! :love:

20200624_155330.jpg

you could roll over small children and not notice. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

it will obviously squat some once the wing, motors, electronics, and 4S-3300 battery is installed but as you can see, i have plenty of adjustment on the 4 shocks. :devilish:

i still have a ton to do, wing tips, nose light, LED wiring, .... plus i think i am going to mod the vert and horiz stabs.

have to say i have been kinda blaaahhhh about some of my recent builds, but this one has kinda got me smiling. :giggle:

laters,

me :cool:

Wildthing

Legendary member

View attachment 172849

it will obviously squat some once the wing, motors, electronics, and 4S-3300 battery is installed but as you can see, i have plenty of adjustment on the 4 shocks. :devilish:

i still have a ton to do, wing tips, nose light, LED wiring, .... plus i think i am going to mod the vert and horiz stabs.

have to say i have been kinda blaaahhhh about some of my recent builds, but this one has kinda got me smiling. :giggle:

laters,

That looks really cool, off-roading we will go.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic

View attachment 172849

laters,

It'll be like the off-roading Jeep of the rc plane world lol.

Vimana89

Legendary member
I decided on a general idea of a nice, basic tailless design with a protected prop with my remaining foam and glue and F pack setup. Also, I restocked on RC supplies to the tune of $240, which consisted of 25 sheets of Adams readi-board(FT brown sold out), 2 lightweight FS IA6 receivers, some HQ props 6x4 clockwise props, two 75 packs of Gorilla all temp mini glue sticks, various decals, a 10 pack of generic blue 9g servos, two back ordered FT EZ 2ch power packs, and the Emax "old" B pack motor(this will be the second one of those I own)(y)