FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

Tronglodon

They work great.. right up to the time you fly out of its beam width at a decent distance and cant direct the plane or the receiver back to regain signal because your screen is only static. Best to use diversity and run two antennas like that or an omni with it to at least hope of recovery in that event.
Yeah, I only had one antenna attached for testing the directionality. I normally fly with 2 omnidirectional antennas and have flown out of range many times, hence building the higher gain antenna. I fly fpv with my inav build with return to home on a switch to bring it back when the video signal fails.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Yeah, I only had one antenna attached for testing the directionality. I normally fly with 2 omnidirectional antennas and have flown out of range many times, hence building the higher gain antenna. I fly fpv with my inav build with return to home on a switch to bring it back when the video signal fails.

Technically It doesnt matter and you would never really need an antenna like that if you follow the rules.... Most people can not keep LOS at the distance of the freebie dipole antennas.

As for RTH... we will leave that for another day as that is TOO closely associated with what caused us to have so much issues with regulators to begin with... DJI products that advertise ANYONE can fly a drone....

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
showed up a day early. :devilish:

20200705_132049.jpg

i am a little bummed about the assembly. i had hoped it would be like the EFXtra and have the wing screw on. nope, it is glued and i of course used the last of my foam-tac yesterday. i had also planned on putting in a faster motor in the future so before i assemble i am going to have to replace the ESC to higher Amp rating since once it is glued, i lose access to the esc. i hope i got a spare 60A that will fit. :unsure:

laters,

me :cool:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
showed up a day early. :devilish:

View attachment 173737

i am a little bummed about the assembly. i had hoped it would be like the EFXtra and have the wing screw on. nope, it is glued and i of course used the last of my foam-tac yesterday. i had also planned on putting in a faster motor in the future so before i assemble i am going to have to replace the ESC to higher Amp rating since once it is glued, i lose access to the esc. i hope i got a spare 60A that will fit. :unsure:

laters,

me :cool:
Ooh, sweet!

speedbirdted

Legendary member
I'm super jealous! I've got a project rn that would love that enya
What is it? I'm thinking of building up my Wanderer 99 I've had in a box for a year now, that would probably be the perfect amount of power to self launch with it.

I don't have anything actually planned for the other engines. I just saw an insane deal and jumped I guess :ROFLMAO:

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Man that 4 stroke looks NICE. What are you putting that thing in?
I have a pretty beat up Kadet Senior arf that I've really been wanting to put new covering on and get a 4 stroke for. Maybe I'll do that.

I could use the RCV, but that one's probably just gonna go on a stand in my room. It's too nice to put on anything. I don't think it's ever run.