FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
Whoo~. All the more reason to get my printer running consistently. Will have to tweak it a bit...mmnn, I'm using it on nitro cars too so itt'l be interesting to see how I can adjust it for vibration damping. Rob parts from dead CD players for isomounts maybe. Hmm.

o-rings , or fish tubing cut to size. ;)

i will send you the file now.

me :cool:

JennyC6

Elite member
o-rings , or fish tubing cut to size. ;)

i will send you the file now.

me :cool:
Ye something like that. My Scorpion XXL has four o-rings undernaeth the four posts of the cage that get pinned to the main chassis and that's likely why the FPV system in that is 100% jello free despite being on a fast moving nitro car. It's almost as if Kyosho engineered the thing for a camera to be put there!

Wildthing

Legendary member
I just tried this tonight, not sure if anyone else has but I thought I would share it. I was just going to put bbq skewers into the verticals and figures lets try drilling them in instead of cutting out a groove and gluing them in. It seems to work not bad, you have to guide the skewer to keep it centered by almost bending the foam board right at it's end. You don't need very much rpm and actually the slower the better. Once I got all the way through I then pulled it out, forced a bunch of glue into the hole and then drilled it back in. I now have 5 verticals with skewers in them and no cuts done.

2021_0101_195317_001.JPG
2021_0101_202533_001.JPG

Tench745

Master member
I just tried this tonight, not sure if anyone else has but I thought I would share it. I was just going to put bbq skewers into the verticals and figures lets try drilling them in instead of cutting out a groove and gluing them in. It seems to work not bad, you have to guide the skewer to keep it centered by almost bending the foam board right at it's end. You don't need very much rpm and actually the slower the better. Once I got all the way through I then pulled it out, forced a bunch of glue into the hole and then drilled it back in. I now have 5 verticals with skewers in them and no cuts done.

I did this on my FT Speedster when the tail warped from sitting around too long. I couldn't get in to cut a groove, so I just inserted the skewer from an end, turning slowly like you show. It looks good and has held up well, but I decided it was easier to cut another groove and lay in a skewer on a new build. All my planes have a skewer reinforcement of some sort in the h-stab now though.

Tench745

Master member
I was working with a friend today and apparently he bought out a hobby shop that was closing back in 1969. I have inherited his collection of wooden props. There are literally hundreds of props here; mostly odd sizes for us electric folks. Anyone ever seen a 9x12?
9C05DDCB-41AD-411A-8D1D-52B746D8D44C.jpeg
252EEED4-DF7C-439F-9903-7B3753F7BA25.jpeg
The coolest ones by far are these ground-adjustable multi-pitch propellers. I have 2-dozen of them. Now what...?
FD64BBF1-BF87-4EA3-8AA3-F1A88CD2510D.jpeg

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I was working with a friend today and apparently he bought out a hobby shop that was closing back in 1969. I have inherited his collection of wooden props. There are literally hundreds of props here; mostly odd sizes for us electric folks. Anyone ever seen a 9x12?
View attachment 187922
View attachment 187923
The coolest ones by far are these ground-adjustable multi-pitch propellers. I have 2-dozen of them. Now what...?
View attachment 187924
can you please send me a 15 -18 inch prop...:confused:

Bricks

Master member
If you decide to get rid of some I could use some 18X6 and 18X8`s wood.

I kinda know the feeling as I have a box of various full size servos 30+. I am not even going to go thru them as most are Futaba with the + on the outside and I have enough I am not even going to fool with them.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
If you decide to get rid of some I could use some 18X6 and 18X8`s wood.

I kinda know the feeling as I have a box of various full size servos 30+. I am not even going to go thru them as most are Futaba with the + on the outside and I have enough I am not even going to fool with them.
please can you send them to me.. I desperately need any type for my planes... giants and small ones

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well pieces are coming together slowly. The blue one has my so called speed wing which consist of of very thin airfoil made with 3d printed ribs, cf rods, couple balsa strips and covered with 1mm Depron. It cuts through the air really nice, also because I have never donbe it to one of these guys I am going to have a rudder.

2021_0103_074914_001.JPG
2021_0103_111740_001.JPG
2021_0103_193202_001.JPG

Flyingshark

Master member
Well pieces are coming together slowly. The blue one has my so called speed wing which consist of of very thin airfoil made with 3d printed ribs, cf rods, couple balsa strips and covered with 1mm Depron. It cuts through the air really nice, also because I have never donbe it to one of these guys I am going to have a rudder.

View attachment 188013 View attachment 188014 View attachment 188015
Maybe it's the camera angle of the first one, but it seems like the wing of the blue one is warped...

JennyC6

Elite member
Might just be the lens itself. It's the same sorta distortion that turns me off of super wide angle lenses like you find on gopros and most FPV cameras.

JennyC6

Elite member
test ran Speedyboi on 25% 1/2a fuel. It did not like it. Hard starting, stumbling, clattering, knocking, pinging, misfiring. Sounded like it picked up 1500RPM on the top end but I wasn't going to run it long enough to even tach it with it balking so severely; shut it right down before I blew it up.