FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well we will see how long this plastic will hold up, I know it won't hurt and as hard as the snow is it was acting like a cheese grater . Used a page protector

2021_0225_133257_001.JPG

Wildthing

Legendary member
Oh I bet that'll hold. All the impacts just might soften the foam underneath. (y)
Actually that run was a good torture test for the structure and the pontoons. Remember the front pontoons they are solid foam, I used that expanding foam and filled them and the rear float is 3 layers of 1" pink foam laminated together . But that melted/frozen rough snow was just shredding the foam especially the rear float, the front had tape on the bottom so it protected them pretty good but it was coming off.

Last edited:
Actually that run was a good torture test for the structure and the pontoons. Remember the front pontoons they are solid foam, I used that expanding foam and filled them and the rear float is 3 layers of 1" pink foam laminated together . But that melted/frozen rough snow was just shredding the foam especially the rear float, the front had tape on the bottom so it protected them pretty good but it was coming off.
Haha you better carry a roll of scotch tape with you then. :)

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well something I meant to do for a couple years now but a streamer roller upper for the electric drill for combat war days :D . Made it in a way that I can also use it to roll up load straps.
2021_0227_095513_001.JPG
2021_0227_095525_002.JPG

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
out with the old, in with the new...

View attachment 193843

pulled my old team associated RC-18B from the corner and decided to get it running again. new brushless system should give it some kick. waiting on new sealed bearings all around and a new front drive spline.

me :cool:
I have an RC-18C, I actually fried that same ESC a few months ago trying to run 3s through it. To my credit I didn't have any other battery to use, but it was fun while it lasted.