FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

speedbirdted

Legendary member
20210405_182801.jpg

Nitro buggies are fun. Got a big boi, got a smol boi. 1/16th, 1/8th. 0.05CID, 0.30CID. Both should e proper spicy.

Nitro Mini-B??? What the hell? Is that some kind of one off conversion by some madman or did they actually make those and I just never saw it?

Phin G

Elite member
Im trying to fix my new pnp drone that i got yesterday. I am only 13 so if it doesn’t work then i have waisted £120. Hope everyone has better luck than me. :)

JennyC6

Elite member
Nitro Mini-B??? What the hell? Is that some kind of one off conversion by some madman or did they actually make those and I just never saw it?
Why yes, yes it is a one-off conversion by some madman. You can see the build and a test drive if you peep nitro mini-B on youtube. Homey that built it decided to get into paramotors and started selling off his builds to fund this; I didn't think twice when the nitro mini-B came up.

I had the engine running. This thing is gonna be stupid fast. I can make the drive tires swell up by at least 30% with just a blip; my mini-T 2.0 on 3s can maybe balloon ONE tire to 20% while the other is held stationary. It's a pain in the -beep- to start right now, though. Very rich; dies as soon as glow is removed. Will have to do a lot of tuning on it before I can even drive it I think.

Phin G

Elite member
What did you do to it?
I think i might have fried the fc as when I turned it on i felt a sharp pain in my finger and now the esc only does the first chimes and it displays nothing on the fpv goggles.

Edit: i found the problem and it was an easy fix, when i was going to fix it my dad came up and told me that he had been fiddling with it and he smoked the stack. :( yay. (Sarcastically)

Last edited:

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
got the 22s SCT back together with a shock upgrade and new AVC Spektrum RX and Dx5c TX. i also figured out my throttle issues. took it out this morning for testing and this thing on 2S rips. i haven't even activated the AVC and not sure i will even need to. maybe if i got 3S? :unsure:

20210409_173321.jpg

also converted the Axial crawler and my AE 1/18th buggy to the DSMR protocol. so now i only need to carry 1 transmitter for 3 rigs. i know i plan on flying tomorrow but to be honest i am mostly looking forward to the ground action.

on a flying note, a member let me fly his PA Addiction today. i am pretty sure me and this plane are gonna be friends. first flight with it on another persons settings and Tx and it didn't seem to matter. seems like a really stable, capable, cheaper 3S option for learning some extreme 3D. i received an email for PA the other day saying they were inspecting my plane and would let me know when it was ready to ship. ETA maybe 3 weeks.

i also got the new motor and ESC wire adapter plugs for the 90A Castle to put into the XR61. pic shows both the Addiction Hacker A30 and XR61 4258 motor/ ESC combo ready to go.

20210410_190555.jpg

over the next couple weeks i am planning on draining my airplane swamp. i have WAY TO MANY planes and need to get focused. plan is to take a plane or two to the field each time and "auction" it off. all proceeds go to the club.

i also have a bunch of old Tactic planes and controllers. these plane had a "swappable" motor servo combo. if you know anyone who still flies this stuff let me know. pretty sure i have 2 motor pods but cant speak to their functionality.

20210410_192020.jpg

laters,

me :cool:

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
only flew 2x today. one with a FT Cubby and the EAchine DarkWing w/ FPV.

Cubby flew as they always do, easy and fun. makes anyone look like a good pilot. the FPV w the DarkWing was fun. I have not flow FPV fast and low for a couple months. everyone kept screaming, "YOUR LOW!!!!" like i did not know that already. :LOL:

did 1 battery with the Crawler and all i can say is the thing is a beast. not only will it literally go up a wall, i have solve the loose surface issues it had and the combo makes for a nasty machine.

the 22S SCT on the new RX/Tx combo was once again a blast! i was burning laps like crazy on 2S while another guy was overheating on 3S with a much more expensive Tenacity. i never broke 100 degrees and was full throttle basically the whole time. although i hate to do it due to my own aragance in my skills, next time i am going to work on the AVC settings and see if they will help go faster.

i don't know that i have shared much about my 18th scale buggy. it is a highly modified Team Associated RC-18B i got back in 2007 or so. it came stock with a bushed motor/esc combo and i did lot's off aluminum upgrades as you can see. then something went wrong and it all stopped working. i got distracted and it sat languishing on the shelf until recently. i found a brushless motor/esc combo and it made a huge diff but it was maybe too much power for motor and snapped a the output shaft. the new motor has a thicker output and is just a bit bigger. the results are scary fast. it is 4 wheel drive but it is sooo fast on the 2S that it is like launching a rocket. hold on and hope all goes well. easily out does my 22S if you can keep it straight. i made some steering rate adjustments and need to maybe do some ESC settings to reduce brake. for the price it took to bring it back and the performance and fun it has so far it was well worth it.

20210411_152102.jpg

i will try and catch some video of the little devil.

laters,

me :cool:

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Very strongly considering grabbing an EFlite Leader 480 and brapifying it.

This little engine is pulling >1:1 thrust/weight ratio for that airframe. Impressive little bugger!
Impressive how well you got the thing to run. The 52s are great, but I've heard the 30s mostly getting derision from those who use them. Never had one but apparently the carburetor does not do its job well. Someone told me you can fit an OS Surpass carb on them and it makes them much happier but I've got no evidence confirming or denying that. Either way yours seems to behave just fine so it doesn't really need it. Classic Magnum inconsistency...

I was seriously considering getting a Leader, recovering it and adding the necessary mods for an engine and fuel system and some fuel proofing, and slapping my OS 25fp which I haven't yet found a home for onto it. I think it would make a nice little airplane for general flippity floppity aerobatic shenanigans. But I would rather build something from the ground up...

JennyC6

Elite member
I have a leader, just haven’t put it together yet. I’ve dry fitted the pieces though and it’s a very beautiful plane!

Hah, noice! What's the firewall situation like on it?
Impressive how well you got the thing to run.
It has taken some tinkering.
The 52s are great
I -beep-ing love my 52's. Have one on my Kaos 40 ARF and it's a match made in heaven. Thing runs like an OS, too. Its only fault is the compression is just not there at hand-flip speeds; it needs the electric finger to light off.
Never had one but apparently the carburetor does not do its job well.
The low-speed needle on mine did nothing so mine originally ran like crap at anything below about 5,000 RPM. it's like they just didn't make the needle long enough or something.
Someone told me you can fit an OS Surpass carb on them and it makes them much happier but I've got no evidence confirming or denying that.
You just watched one running so-modified. I put an FS26 Surpass carb on mine. Direct bolt-on and it runs 250% better.

I was seriously considering getting a Leader, recovering it and adding the necessary mods for an engine and fuel system and some fuel proofing, and slapping my OS 25fp which I haven't yet found a home for onto it. I think it would make a nice little airplane for general flippity floppity aerobatic shenanigans. But I would rather build something from the ground up...
I like converting things that aren't meant for engine power more than building from the ground up heh heh heh.

JennyC6

Elite member
It’s made for a normal bl motor to bolt on with an X mount and included extensions. I can get some pictures if you’d like.
I looked up the manual and....honest truth that thing started out life as a GP/EP. There's a third servo cutout in the servo tray that just doesn't have a reason to be there, the battery tray is far larger and set suspiciously close to the ideal fuel tank height for an upright engine, they balance with as much as a 4s4000 in them, the motor uses sizeable standoffs, the firewall is a solid sheet of lite ply...I'm basically convinced converting it to glow involves simply bolting a suitable engine right on.