FT2218 motor mount

novaz

I am kinda stuck about how to mount this motor in my HK carbon cub should I use the cross shaped mount and epoxy it straight into the fuselarge or should I put that motor mount in an additional firewall I want to make sure I get my thrust angle correct I did a search but could not find anyone has done this combo before
thanks

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Epoxy in a piece of ply, then screw the motor to that, that way if need be you can remove it or change your thrust angle with washers under the screws.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I am kinda stuck about how to mount this motor in my HK carbon cub should I use the cross shaped mount and epoxy it straight into the fuselarge or should I put that motor mount in an additional firewall I want to make sure I get my thrust angle correct I did a search but could not find anyone has done this combo before
thanks
I agree with Paracodespoder a plywood mount glued to the fuselage and then screws through the Plywood to mount the motor on its "X" mount would be the simplest way forward and allow you to replace the motor if needed without major surgery and hassle.

Motor thrust angle can be easily done using shims between the plywood and the "X" mount!

Have fun!

Wildthing

Legendary member
For shims I just use tapered toothpicks, loosen off the motor and wedge the toothpicks in and tighten the screws. Need more or less angle loosen off the screws and wedge them in farther but yes a plywood mount first. :)