• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FTCA Flying Site: Holmes County RC Airpark

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
The field has recently been mowed, and it looks great!

When the weather cools off, I'll work with the county commissioner to get the geotex runway installed.

I'm ready for nights to start cooling off again so we can get started with some night flying.

In the meantime, I've been playing with head tracking on planes.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I've also been doing some community outreach. The library asked for me to do another talk on the hobby. And the 4H club wanted one as well. Summer time being what it is for me with time off, we were able to combine the two groups for one event. I think it went fairly well.

Attachments

Bo123

Elite member
Mr Fred!!! Wow looks like those kids had a lot of fun!
I've also been doing some community outreach. The library asked for me to do another talk on the hobby. And the 4H club wanted one as well. Summer time being what it is for me with time off, we were able to combine the two groups for one event. I think it went fairly well.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Awesome to hear!

I haven't been out to the field in a while, but the weather is improving, so I hope to soon.

But I need to hurry. I got a promotion, and will be moving. As of October 1, I will be the new Assistant Park Manager At Big Lagoon State Park in Pensacola.

Some good news for the field! A friend is opening a hobby shop in DeFuniak Springs. He'll be carrying Flite Test supplies.
This is great news if it happens, right now I have no hobby shop within 90 minutes drive. DeFuniak is not exactly down the street but far better than I have now.
They'd do well to take an interest in the field as well so they can offer a hassle free place to fly /drive.