FTCA Flying Site: Holmes County RC Airpark

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Well...

Perry was AWESOME!

I was able to purchase the plane I was after. I wanted a WWI aircraft, preferably biplane. I wanted up to a .60 sized plane, but when I came across this nearly pristine Parkzone Albatross, I knew I found the one I wanted.

parkzone.jpeg

I could have, and maybe should have left then, but I was enjoying browsing the 1000+ tables filled with RC gear.

I've been looking for a smaller supercub like my quarter scale. The EFlite 25e is the one I've been looking for on Facebook Marketplace. They've been going for about $200 and up. There was one on a table for $150, I passed it by several times, but I finally asked if he'd take $100. He met me halfway at $125, SOLD!

And then I found some great deals on the FMS Rangers, I got a couple of the 850mm and one 1220mm that are all RTF.

haul.jpeg

I hope to get to the field soon to test them out! Unfortunately it will NOT be tomorrow, since I've been volunteered to go help with a wildfire situation at another state park.

Next Saturday is a no go for me as well, since I'll be hosting the annual Holmes County Trailblazer Trot 5k race at the park.

Bo123

Elite member
Well...

Perry was AWESOME!

I was able to purchase the plane I was after. I wanted a WWI aircraft, preferably biplane. I wanted up to a .60 sized plane, but when I came across this nearly pristine Parkzone Albatross, I knew I found the one I wanted.

View attachment 220838

I could have, and maybe should have left then, but I was enjoying browsing the 1000+ tables filled with RC gear.

I've been looking for a smaller supercub like my quarter scale. The EFlite 25e is the one I've been looking for on Facebook Marketplace. They've been going for about $200 and up. There was one on a table for $150, I passed it by several times, but I finally asked if he'd take $100. He met me halfway at $125, SOLD!

And then I found some great deals on the FMS Rangers, I got a couple of the 850mm and one 1220mm that are all RTF.

View attachment 220839

I hope to get to the field soon to test them out! Unfortunately it will NOT be tomorrow, since I've been volunteered to go help with a wildfire situation at another state park.

Next Saturday is a no go for me as well, since I'll be hosting the annual Holmes County Trailblazer Trot 5k race at the park.
Nice planes. I like the cub.

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
Well...

Perry was AWESOME!

View attachment 220838

View attachment 220839

I love that bipe. And at least I won’t feel to bad that it didn’t work out for me to come tomorrow. Maybe one day. I’ll have my drivers liscense soon at least.

Happy Cat

Well, I can speak personally to the FMS 1220mm Ranger as a wise investment, I abuse mine daily, and it still loves me

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Give us an update on the fires.

Hey Merv.

I was just sent to the one on Saturday. Last I heard it was contained and didn't look likely to escape. We had a slight drizzle of rain overnight, but not enough to do much to any established fires.

I am sure the fires down around Panama City are still quite dangerous, and any help last nights precipitation provided was lost as things dried back out today.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Well, I can speak personally to the FMS 1220mm ranger as a wise investment I abuse mine daily, and it still loves me!

I'm currently trying to figure out how to bind the radio to the receiver.

I'm about to give up and just find the FMS protocol and bind it to my RadioMaster.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I have some "bad news".

The jerk who makes the schedules at my park has shifted my days off to Thursdays and Fridays. So I will not be available to fly with anyone on Saturdays for the remainder of the summer.

That just means we're going to have to get some night flying scheduled!

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
I have some "bad news".

The jerk who makes the schedules at my park has shifted my days off to Thursdays and Fridays. So I will not be available to fly with anyone on Saturdays for the remainder of the summer.

Well that's disappointing! Remember, even though Saturday, Sunday are my regular days off, I'll ditch work for a perfect day.

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
I have some "bad news".

And you won’t be at flitefest either right? You couldn’t pay me enough to work on a Saturday🤣