FTCA Flying Site: Holmes County RC Airpark

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Did a test flight with one of the FT STEM gliders with an EZ combo and the lights.

Attachments

• glider lights1.jpeg
    glider lights1.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 0
  • glider lights.jpeg
    glider lights.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 0
  • glider flight.jpeg
    glider flight.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 0

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
The field has recently been mowed, and it looks great!

When the weather cools off, I'll work with the county commissioner to get the geotex runway installed.

I'm ready for nights to start cooling off again so we can get started with some night flying.

In the meantime, I've been playing with head tracking on planes.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I've also been doing some community outreach. The library asked for me to do another talk on the hobby. And the 4H club wanted one as well. Summer time being what it is for me with time off, we were able to combine the two groups for one event. I think it went fairly well.

Attachments

• 4h0 library.jpeg
    4h0 library.jpeg
    388.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 4h1.jpeg
    4h1.jpeg
    318.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 4h2.jpeg
    4h2.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 4h3.jpeg
    4h3.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 4h4.jpeg
    4h4.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 4h5.jpeg
    4h5.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 4h6.jpeg
    4h6.jpeg
    197 KB · Views: 0
  • 4h7.jpeg
    4h7.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 4h8.jpeg
    4h8.jpeg
    427.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 4h9.jpeg
    4h9.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 0

Bo123

Elite member
Mr Fred!!! Wow looks like those kids had a lot of fun!
I've also been doing some community outreach. The library asked for me to do another talk on the hobby. And the 4H club wanted one as well. Summer time being what it is for me with time off, we were able to combine the two groups for one event. I think it went fairly well.

Happy Cat

Hey Mr. Fred! It is great to see that you have been turning dreams into reality! I have been missing the field, however, I have found a number of fellow students that share a common intrest. We are currently working on a FT build in our spare time.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Awesome to hear!

I haven't been out to the field in a while, but the weather is improving, so I hope to soon.

But I need to hurry. I got a promotion, and will be moving. As of October 1, I will be the new Assistant Park Manager At Big Lagoon State Park in Pensacola.

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
Some good news for the field! A friend is opening a hobby shop in DeFuniak Springs. He'll be carrying Flite Test supplies.

This is great news if it happens, right now I have no hobby shop within 90 minutes drive. DeFuniak is not exactly down the street but far better than I have now.
They'd do well to take an interest in the field as well so they can offer a hassle free place to fly /drive.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Some good news! A friend is opening a hobby shop in the area. He's interested in supporting the field. He's also carrying FT merchandise.

He had the stuff just sitting on a shelf, and I thought "we can do better" so I built him a display that gives a nod to the Flite Fest store.

display.jpeg

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Bad news, but it can potentially be good news!
I posted this over on the Facebook group for the flying field.

Attention!
Call to action. I got to speak with Clint Erickson today and if the field is to continue existing, we need someone to take over as the spokesperson for the group.
As you may or may not know, I moved to Pensacola last October and have not been available to manage the flying site. The county needs someone to be the point of contact for the group. Otherwise they'll be looking at repurposing the property.
You'll need to get someone to call David Corbin, and speak with him about moving forward with the use of the county land for the flying site. https://holmescountyfla.com/county-administration/
I'll be happy to help with what I can, but it's a 5 hour round trip to get back over there, so my visits have been understandably limited.

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
Please, someone, I'd volunteer myself but even though I'm closer than you at this point I'm too far away to get out there. Someone who is within 30 minutes drive needs to step up!